Power Vs APRS

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2012
      Oh, what is a HAM to do, after looking at two new radios? I have a new tri-bander antenna that I picked up in Belton (2/222/440) now I am looking at two radios and do not know which one to purchase?

      Jetstream 220 with 50 watt
      Alinco 220 with 25 watt with a T3-135 board

      Does any one use aprs in the Dallas/Fort Worth area on 220?
      Would I be the first?
      What freg. would I use?
      My club has an old 220 repeater that they are looking at repairing and I would like to have a radio if they decide to fix it.
      Thanks,
      Jeff N5XHI