Re: Help with FC-301/D VHF 136-174Mhz.

  • w4rl@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 27, 2012
      Jason, OK on all. Found the program and have loaded the Argent FC-301/D.

      What is my goal? I wish to load data from my Peet Brothers weather station into the FC-301/D so that I may transmit the wx data on 144.390 APRS WX. I've been successful with my Open Tracker Plus using a hand held Icom but the FC-301/D's cable wiring Peet Brothers U2100 > FC-310/ > OT-Plus for a self contained APRS weather station is perplexing to me. In other words I am replacing the Icom handheld with the FC-310/D.

      Does that make any sense?

      Thanks for the help.

      Robert W4RL

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:

      > On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM, w4rl@... <w4rl@...> wrote:
      > > This site for software is for programing the Agent Data Radio transveicer, correct?
      >
      > No, it's to configure the opentracker.
      >
      > The software to configure the radio itself is on the radio's product
      > page in the store section, but that software will not work with the T2
      > board installed - it only works on the bare FC-301.
      >
      > Sounds like you should tell us what you are actually trying to do.
      >
      > -Jason
      > kg4wsv

    • Jason KG4WSV
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 27, 2012
        On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM, w4rl@... <w4rl@...> wrote:
        > I wish to load data from my Peet Brothers weather station into the FC-301/D so that I may transmit the wx data on 144.390 APRS WX.  I've been successful with my Open Tracker Plus using a hand held Icom but the FC-301/D's cable wiring Peet Brothers U2100 > FC-310/ > OT-Plus for a self contained APRS weather station is perplexing to me. In other words I am replacing the Icom handheld with the FC-310/D.
        >
        > Does that make any sense?

        Yes. I initially read "T2-301" even though the subject line _says_ FC
        -301. I haven't done it that way.

        It would be easier to use a T2--301 and skip the external OT+.

        -Jason
        kg4wsv