Re: [tracker2] Re: OT2 vs OT3, + 350, to make sure I'm on the right track.

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 10, 2012
      On 4/10/2012 8:28 PM, quay_utewan wrote:
      WINE pops up a box and says "The file '(path)/APRSIS32.exe' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit."

      I did get Windows installed instead and the program running on win instead.  I think it may take days/weeks to get the requisite map tiles downloaded in order for it to be able to work w/o internet though.  The prefetch system is kind of a PITA, would be much easier to just draw an outline on the map and say get this area at whatever level of resolution desired.

      Please read: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_usage_policy Particularly:

      Bulk Downloading

      Bulk downloading is strongly discouraged. Do not download tiles unnecessarily.

      In particular, downloading significant areas of tiles at zoom levels 17 and higher for offline or later usage is forbidden without prior consultation with a System Administrator. These tiles are generally not available (cached) on the server in advance, and have to be rendered specifically for those requests, putting an unjustified burden on the available resources.

      Also, the latest development version supports loading a track from a GPX file and "driving" along it at a selected zoom level where the driving rate is limited by the tile fetch queue.  Much easier and complete way to load a set of tiles for offline use.

      You're invited to join the APRSISCE Yahoo group and make any suggestion for making things better over there.  I can only make it better if I know what people find hard to use, and I can make it even better better if they have suggestions on how it could be improved.

      Also available in the Yahoo group are people that are successfully running APRSIS32 under the latest versions of WINE, so I know you'll get help with that if *nix is your chosen platform.

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Rob <vk6ufo@...> wrote:

      On 10/04/12 13:46, quay_utewan wrote:

      Finally got the old laptop working, had to replace the CD/DVD drive on
      it. Installed linux as a trial... I downloaded the current version but
      it won't load via WINE, says it is not marked as executable.

      Is Linux saying WINE isn't executable or is WINE saying otwincfg isn't
      executable?

      --
      Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN

      He's probably saying that APRSISCE/32 is not an executable, since that is
      the program that he was talking about previously.

      So the question is, are you trying to run the zip file? A zip file is not
      executable, you need to unzip it.
       On 2012-04-10 3:33 AM, "Rob" <vk6ufo@...> wrote:

      On 10/04/12 13:46, quay_utewan wrote:

      Finally got the old laptop working, had to replace the CD/DVD drive on it.
      Installed linux as a trial... I downloaded the current version but it won't
      load via WINE, says it is not marked as executable.

      Is Linux saying WINE isn't executable or is WINE saying otwincfg isn't
      executable?

      --
      Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN

      <*> Your email settings: