Re: Firmware build 54085

  • Ian ZL1VFO
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 18, 2006
      > Posted by: "Stephen Brown Jr" stephen.brown75@... sbrown6079
      > Date: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:28 am ((PST))

      > And another thing, where can we download the file? Are you going to upload
      > to your website, the files section, or both?

      The latest firmware usually lurks at
      <http://www.n1vg.net/opentracker/firmware/ot2.s19>

      ~ snip ~

      >> The only issues I have encountered has been using it with the AX.25/KISS
      >> network stack in linux to use normal connected mode packet, but I believe it
      >> may be attributed to my serial cable wiring. Ian, ZL1VFO, sent me some
      >> diagrams to try, but I haven't had a chance to as of yet, I hope to get to
      >> it in the next day or two.

      I suppose I should upload that wiring diagram I sent Stephen N1VLV to
      the files section.... I might just play with it just a bit more - it's
      present point-of-view is looking in to the front of the socket, It's
      probably be easier to follow if I redid it looking in at the rear,
      seeing that's where one normally solders to..

      -Ian ZL1VFO

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 18, 2006
        Without the equalization jumper installed, the low tone is dropped in amplitude to compensate for twist - whether you use it or not generally depends on if your audio source has de-emphasis applied already or not.

        There's no way to send the comment and position separately, I'm afraid.  Keep bugging Garmin, maybe we can get them to fix it or at least make it a configuration option.

        Scott