Alinco DR-135 TX AUDIO alert

  • Ramon Gandia
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2012
      We have four Alinco DR-135's here,
      three have failed the TX audio, one was sent
      back to Alinco and it came back repaired.

      Of the three failed ones, one was used with the DB-9
      port in back for audio (a crossband repeater setup).

      The other two were regular radios using the mike. But
      when the mike audio failed, it also would not work with
      audio into the DB-9. Those two units are also at
      Alinco repair depot as we speak.

      Another thing that happened to us is the screwdriver
      used to adjust the audio gain. Turned out it goes into
      the pot just fine, turns the pot just fine, but when it
      is removed it takes the adjustment knob/rheostat wiper
      out with it, ruining the pot. That is not Alinco's fault,
      but is something to watch out for. That was another
      $70 repair.

      $70 here, $70 there, pretty soon you are talking big money.

      If your radio seems not to transmit, you may want to check
      your tx audio and make sure it is not the radio giving the
      problem instead of the TNC.

      We think that the Alinco DR-135 is a great radio, but this is
      one of its quibbles.
      --
      Ramon Gandia AL7X, Nome, Alaska USA