RE: [tracker2] ITS FIRED UP and its the next best thing to SLICED BREAD!!!!!!

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
      Great! Hopefully that R2 fix will work for all of the bootloader problems
      people have been reporting. I'm going to do a little more research before I
      settle on a final value for it - I think 1k should be fine, though.

      And if you like it now, wait till I get my to-do list done! One big item
      there is an APRS-IS connected web site that'll keep track of your T2's and
      let you command them remotely (assuming they're in Igate range) with strong
      authentication.

      I'd like to have something ready in time for Dayton, but that's going to be
      pushing it. Lead time on boards is about 3 weeks unless I want to pay a
      premium. The hardware will really have to be ready about a month in
      advance, and that's only allowing time for kits - assembled units add even
      more lead time. And that's assuming I stick with the current through-hole
      board for now, since a new SMT layout will mean more testing, plus solder
      stencils and pick-and-place programming. Anyway, if I'm happy with how it's
      going in about three weeks, and if I can get enclosures done in time, I'll
      aim to have the first production run before Dayton.

      Speaking of the enclosure, I don't think I got any feedback on the drawing.
      It's posted at http://n1vg.net/opentracker/ot1m.htm. Once you get the
      viewer loaded, click 'rotate' and 'perspective', then drag the case around
      to view it.

      This is going to be heavy duty steel in black powder coat. I know at least
      one or two OpenTrackers have been destroyed by being driven over with a car;
      looks like this version ought to be immune to anything that doesn't run on
      metal treads. =] I think Jim was also working on an optional mounting
      bracket for it, so it'll be easier to bolt down to a wall, shelf, ammo can,
      bulkhead, or what have you.

      Scott