Re: [tracker2] Re: new T3-135

  • Bill L
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 31, 2012
      Hello

      Well good luck! I have had mine about a week. I haven't been able to get it to work at all. It is very tricky to get the TNC to communicate with the PC. The serial port does not work at all. It always gives me an error "cannot connect to serial port". If I open the serial port in PuTTY it spits out characters. So it is always sending information. I have found that if the serial is connected I cannot connect with USB. Then the firmware got corrupted, I was getting read errors, write errors connection errors. I finally was able to get the firmware back on it and save the changes made like call sign etc. All I want to do is transmit my weather from my Davis Pro 2 over the air! I have not been able to transmit anything. Sadly if I put the Alinco back in the radio it will be fine. I emailed the company for an RMA but have not heard anything. It seems I am on my own.

      I will try and help the best I can and I'd love to know how you do.

      Bill
      N2ZUL

      "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have" -Gerald Ford
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2012
        Well like anything you mite of just got a bad one if they replace it I bet it would be fine. I did like the Alinco's TNC always works but I could not use kiss mode and I want to digi from home and this new one will.

        Good Luck
        Ron

        PS if you have Echolink I run a RF link that up 24/7 connect and say Hi sometime!! N9SZV-L

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Bill L <wjl82871@...> wrote:

        > Hello
        >
        > Well good luck! I have had mine about a week. I haven't been able to get it to work at all. It is very tricky to get the TNC to communicate with the PC. The serial port does not work at all. It always gives me an error "cannot connect to serial port". If I open the serial port in PuTTY it spits out characters. So it is always sending information. I have found that if the serial is connected I cannot connect with USB. Then the firmware got corrupted, I was getting read errors, write errors connection errors. I finally was able to get the firmware back on it and save the changes made like call sign etc. All I want to do is transmit my weather from my Davis Pro 2 over the air! I have not been able to transmit anything. Sadly if I put the Alinco back in the radio it will be fine. I emailed the company for an RMA but have not heard anything. It seems I am on my own.
        >
        > I will try and help the best I can and I'd love to know how you do.
        >
        > Bill
        > N2ZUL

        > "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have" -Gerald Ford
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Bill L
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2012
          Hello

          That is an added bonus, I figure why not use the other options as well. Interestingly, with the PC being reloaded with windows the firmware was wiped out again. I hope I get a response from Argent.

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 2, 2012
            Did you disable the 'auto detect' option and check 'disable turbo'?

            Scott

          • Ron N9SZV
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 2, 2012
              My new toy (T3-135} is shipping today!! :-) thanks Scott N1VG!!!

              Ron N9SZV