Re: new T3-135

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 29, 2012
      Just received my T3-135. I was searching for domestication on the USB port. I had one of the pre release T2-135 boards and could not remember the USB port. That was a lot of brain cells ago. I look forward to the new documentation.

      Thanks Randy/n4jzy

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 29, 2012
        On 3/29/2012 1:19 PM, Randy wrote:

        > Just received my T3-135. I was searching for domestication on the USB
        > port. I had one of the pre release T2-135 boards and could not remember

        The T3-135's USB port is completely feral and undomesticated. Try not
        to provoke it.

        > the USB port. That was a lot of brain cells ago. I look forward to the
        > new documentation.

        It's also undocumented. Usage is just like the OTUSB and OT3m and needs
        the same .INF file.

        You should have received a short extension cable with it. You have to
        install the board at an odd angle to make it fit - I'll post a picture
        later but it should be fairly evident. That should be corrected in the
        next board rev.

        The cable runs out the back, in the slot for the speaker jack. You'll
        need to bend or cut that tab on the cover to make room. That's assuming
        you want the USB port on the outside, of course. With that done, you
        now have a standard USB type B receptacle and can use a USB A to B cable
        to connect it.

        Scott
      • Ron N9SZV
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 31, 2012
          I just ordered a new one today 3/31/12 I sure hope I don't have this much problems like this guy did!! I don't plane on using the USB so I will just keep it into the cover and use the 9 pin ser port on the radio like the old EJ-41U internal TNC board.

          Ron N9SZV

          > On 3/29/2012 1:19 PM, Randy wrote:
          > >
          > > Just received my T3-135. I was searching for domestication on the USB
          > > port. I had one of the pre release T2-135 boards and could not remember
          >
          > The T3-135's USB port is completely feral and undomesticated. Try not
          > to provoke it.
          >
          > > the USB port. That was a lot of brain cells ago. I look forward to the
          > > new documentation.
          >
          > It's also undocumented. Usage is just like the OTUSB and OT3m and needs
          > the same .INF file.
          >
          > You should have received a short extension cable with it. You have to
          > install the board at an odd angle to make it fit - I'll post a picture
          > later but it should be fairly evident. That should be corrected in the
          > next board rev.
          >
          > The cable runs out the back, in the slot for the speaker jack. You'll
          > need to bend or cut that tab on the cover to make room. That's assuming
          > you want the USB port on the outside, of course. With that done, you
          > now have a standard USB type B receptacle and can use a USB A to B cable
          > to connect it.
          >
          > Scott

        • Bill L
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 31, 2012
            Hello

            Well good luck! I have had mine about a week. I haven't been able to get it to work at all. It is very tricky to get the TNC to communicate with the PC. The serial port does not work at all. It always gives me an error "cannot connect to serial port". If I open the serial port in PuTTY it spits out characters. So it is always sending information. I have found that if the serial is connected I cannot connect with USB. Then the firmware got corrupted, I was getting read errors, write errors connection errors. I finally was able to get the firmware back on it and save the changes made like call sign etc. All I want to do is transmit my weather from my Davis Pro 2 over the air! I have not been able to transmit anything. Sadly if I put the Alinco back in the radio it will be fine. I emailed the company for an RMA but have not heard anything. It seems I am on my own.

            I will try and help the best I can and I'd love to know how you do.

            Bill
            N2ZUL

            "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have" -Gerald Ford
            I just ordered a new one today 3/31/12 I sure hope I don't have this much problems like this guy did!! I don't plane on using the USB so I will just keep it into the cover and use the 9 pin ser port on the radio like the old EJ-41U internal TNC board.

            Ron N9SZV

            > On 3/29/2012 1:19 PM, Randy wrote:
            > >
            > > Just received my T3-135. I was searching for domestication on the USB
            > > port. I had one of the pre release T2-135 boards and could not remember
            >
            > The T3-135's USB port is completely feral and undomesticated. Try not
            > to provoke it.
            >
            > > the USB port. That was a lot of brain cells ago. I look forward to the
            > > new documentation.
            >
            > It's also undocumented. Usage is just like the OTUSB and OT3m and needs
            > the same .INF file.
            >
            > You should have received a short extension cable with it. You have to
            > install the board at an odd angle to make it fit - I'll post a picture
            > later but it should be fairly evident. That should be corrected in the
            > next board rev.
            >
            > The cable runs out the back, in the slot for the speaker jack. You'll
            > need to bend or cut that tab on the cover to make room. That's assuming
            > you want the USB port on the outside, of course. With that done, you
            > now have a standard USB type B receptacle and can use a USB A to B cable
            > to connect it.
            >
            > Scott

          • Ron N9SZV
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 1, 2012
              Well like anything you mite of just got a bad one if they replace it I bet it would be fine. I did like the Alinco's TNC always works but I could not use kiss mode and I want to digi from home and this new one will.

              Good Luck
              Ron

              PS if you have Echolink I run a RF link that up 24/7 connect and say Hi sometime!! N9SZV-L

              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Bill L <wjl82871@...> wrote:

              > Hello
              >
              > Well good luck! I have had mine about a week. I haven't been able to get it to work at all. It is very tricky to get the TNC to communicate with the PC. The serial port does not work at all. It always gives me an error "cannot connect to serial port". If I open the serial port in PuTTY it spits out characters. So it is always sending information. I have found that if the serial is connected I cannot connect with USB. Then the firmware got corrupted, I was getting read errors, write errors connection errors. I finally was able to get the firmware back on it and save the changes made like call sign etc. All I want to do is transmit my weather from my Davis Pro 2 over the air! I have not been able to transmit anything. Sadly if I put the Alinco back in the radio it will be fine. I emailed the company for an RMA but have not heard anything. It seems I am on my own.
              >
              > I will try and help the best I can and I'd love to know how you do.
              >
              > Bill
              > N2ZUL

              > "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have" -Gerald Ford
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Bill L
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 1, 2012
                Hello

                That is an added bonus, I figure why not use the other options as well. Interestingly, with the PC being reloaded with windows the firmware was wiped out again. I hope I get a response from Argent.

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 2, 2012
                  Did you disable the 'auto detect' option and check 'disable turbo'?

                  Scott

                • Ron N9SZV
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 2, 2012
                    My new toy (T3-135} is shipping today!! :-) thanks Scott N1VG!!!

                    Ron N9SZV