ITS FIRED UP and its the next best thing to SLICED BREAD!!!!!!

  • kc9gqr
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
      Got my dumb mistakes fixed and have it running as a digi right now IE
      on a hand held so i don't create alot of QRM... and its picking up
      everything and digi like a PRO..Can't wait till the weekend till I can
      get a cable made for a mobile rig... WE GOT A WINNER>>>>> so when the
      production start.... I will take 1 more and i know 5 more will be
      comming to the Springfield IL area

      73's
      Bradley
    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
        Great! Hopefully that R2 fix will work for all of the bootloader problems
        people have been reporting. I'm going to do a little more research before I
        settle on a final value for it - I think 1k should be fine, though.

        And if you like it now, wait till I get my to-do list done! One big item
        there is an APRS-IS connected web site that'll keep track of your T2's and
        let you command them remotely (assuming they're in Igate range) with strong
        authentication.

        I'd like to have something ready in time for Dayton, but that's going to be
        pushing it. Lead time on boards is about 3 weeks unless I want to pay a
        premium. The hardware will really have to be ready about a month in
        advance, and that's only allowing time for kits - assembled units add even
        more lead time. And that's assuming I stick with the current through-hole
        board for now, since a new SMT layout will mean more testing, plus solder
        stencils and pick-and-place programming. Anyway, if I'm happy with how it's
        going in about three weeks, and if I can get enclosures done in time, I'll
        aim to have the first production run before Dayton.

        Speaking of the enclosure, I don't think I got any feedback on the drawing.
        It's posted at http://n1vg.net/opentracker/ot1m.htm. Once you get the
        viewer loaded, click 'rotate' and 'perspective', then drag the case around
        to view it.

        This is going to be heavy duty steel in black powder coat. I know at least
        one or two OpenTrackers have been destroyed by being driven over with a car;
        looks like this version ought to be immune to anything that doesn't run on
        metal treads. =] I think Jim was also working on an optional mounting
        bracket for it, so it'll be easier to bolt down to a wall, shelf, ammo can,
        bulkhead, or what have you.

        Scott