Re: [tracker2] Re: T2-301 otwincfg.exe comm problem

  • Yuli Kaplan
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8, 2012
      Hello folks,

      I found and fixed my problem with communication. Our local radio market sold me BS170 MOSFET and not 2N7000 as i asked :) I did not check the lable on the MOSFET and soldered them on the PCB. Scott, thank you for pointing me to RX line MOSFET. Today i have checked the lable, sow BS170, replaced it to 2N7000 and viola. Now it is works very good. Just now finished to upload KISS 4800  firmware. Want to connect OT1+ to APRSIS software. Still looking for OPEN/CLOSE commands. It is look not similar to OTUSB.

      --
      ---------------------------
      Best Regards,

      2012/3/8 Scott Miller <scott@...>
      The communications error message means that otwincfg didn't get the
      expected response from the tracker.  This might be because the tracker
      isn't hearing the PC.  On the OT1+ this might mean a blown MOSFET on the
      RX line, or possibly bad cabling.  A cold boot (powering up the tracker
      after you hit 'connect') is always the most reliable way to get the
      tracker into config mode.  Note that this doesn't apply to the USB
      trackers since they don't connect over USB until after they've started up.

      The "can't open serial port" message is probably a side-effect of
      otwincfg getting confused during the connect process and not properly
      closing the port.  At that point you should close the program and check
      task manager to make sure that it's really gone, and start it again.

      Scott

      On 3/7/2012 10:33 AM, yulik4x6hp wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I got same message, "Communications Error (BL Ver 00)" with OpenTracker+.
      >
      > Did you solved this problem?
      >
      > 73!! de Yuli 4X6HP
      >
      >  > When I cycle the power to the T2-301, otwincfg pops up an error
      > message saying "Communications Error (BL Ver c4)" which is followed a
      > few seconds later by another pop up error message "Can't Open Serial
      > Port" and if I just leave it alone, it keeps opening more "Can't Open
      > Serial Port" boxes every several seconds until I eventually close each
      > of the error messages and then click Cancel in otwincfg.
      >  >

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
         tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • TomC
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 9, 2012
        Sounds good. At this point I suspect that either I'm missing something simple or this thing is a paperweight.

        If you guys can get it working I don't mind investing a few more bucks in it, but I suppose there is a good chance it is "not economical to repair" as they say.

        What is the minimum charge for evaluation? I assume you'll let
        me know the cost of any repair needed above that.

        Do I send it to the address on your website?
        Argent Data Systems
        543 W. Betteravia Rd. Suite H
        Santa Maria, CA 93455

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 9, 2012
          Based on the symptoms you're describing I can't imagine it being
          anything serious.

          Most of the time we don't charge for minor repairs, and definitely not
          if it was a failure due to some fault of ours.

          Scott

          On 3/9/2012 9:30 AM, TomC wrote:
          > Sounds good. At this point I suspect that either I'm missing something
          > simple or this thing is a paperweight.
          >
          > If you guys can get it working I don't mind investing a few more bucks
          > in it, but I suppose there is a good chance it is "not economical to
          > repair" as they say.
          >
          > What is the minimum charge for evaluation? I assume you'll let
          > me know the cost of any repair needed above that.
          >
          > Do I send it to the address on your website?
          > Argent Data Systems
          > 543 W. Betteravia Rd. Suite H
          > Santa Maria, CA 93455

          > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > You're welcome to send it in for evaluation. It'll probably be
          > > quicker for us to take a look at it here than to keep
          > > troubleshooting remotely.
          > >
          > > Scott

        • N4AOF
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 9, 2012
            It will be in the mail this afternoon, you should receive it by the middle
            of the week

            By the way, do you guys plan to offer a pre-made radio cable for the Yaesu
            mobiles like the one you have for the Kenwood Mobiles (RJ45&speaker jack)?
            It would be basically the same cable but with different pin outs on the
            RJ45. (It's amazing that the ham radio industry can't manage to
            standardize anything).

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 12, 2012
              > By the way, do you guys plan to offer a pre-made radio cable for the Yaesu
              > mobiles like the one you have for the Kenwood Mobiles (RJ45&speaker jack)?
              > It would be basically the same cable but with different pin outs on the
              > RJ45. (It's amazing that the ham radio industry can't manage to
              > standardize anything).

              Eventually - we'll probably have that one built with the next cable
              reorder. I think we're about out of CT-H5 cables so that might not be
              too long.

              Scott
            • N4AOF
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 12, 2012
                Good news, thanks. That would make a nice plug-and-play for my Yaesu 1900
                once I get a couple of bucks ahead to order an OT3

                BTW, my T2-301 arrived at your shop in Monday's mail.