RE: [tracker2] Proto C question

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 10, 2006
      That sounds like it's not starting the oscillator properly.  Are you able to get to the command console?

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 10, 2006
        I'm only familar with otwincfg.exe.

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

        > That sounds like it's not starting the oscillator properly. Are
        you able to
        > get to the command console?
        >

        > _____

        Behalf

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 10, 2006
          Connect to it using Hyperterminal, or any other comm program - hyperterminal is pretty awful.  Hit enter a few times and you should get a command prompt if everything's working right.

          Scott

          > That sounds like it's not starting the oscillator properly. Are
          you able to
          > get to the command console?
          >

          > _____

        • k9sarfrog
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 10, 2006
            Tried hyperterm, got nothing.. I'll see if I can find pcplus or some
            other program.

            Every 20 seconds (changes depending of what I set the TX time to) the
            LED flashes red.

            Right now i'm not using any of the jumpers.

          • k9sarfrog
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 31, 2006
              i tried both hyperterm and CRT. And got nothing.
              When I use the setup program or the firmware update, it pushes those.

              I am using a 12v 800mA powersupply. I doubt that could be the problem.

              Ideas?

              2b. Re: Proto C question
              Posted by: "Scott Miller" scott@... n1vg

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 31, 2006
                Hi,

                If you are using a USB serial port adapter, you might try connecting
                directly to the serial port on the PC. I've had my USB adapters
                cause issues like this.

                Mark

                --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "k9sarfrog" <both@...> wrote:

                > i tried both hyperterm and CRT. And got nothing.
                > When I use the setup program or the firmware update, it pushes
                those.

                > I am using a 12v 800mA powersupply. I doubt that could be the
                problem.

                > Ideas?
                >
                > 2b. Re: Proto C question
                > Posted by: "Scott Miller" scott@... n1vg
                > Date: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:44 pm ((PST))
                >
                > That sounds like it's not starting the oscillator properly. Are
                you
                > able to
                > get to the command console?
                >

                > _____

              • k9sarfrog
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 31, 2006
                  I'm going from the proto-board to null modem serial connector
                  straight into serial port for the computer. I can flash the firmware
                  and save settings with otwincfg.exe.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
                    Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem?  It's not transmitting?  I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.

                    Scott

                    Posted by: "Scott Miller" scott@opentrac. org n1vg

                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 18, 2007
                      it appears that the device is not transmitting.
                      When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
                      when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get nothing.

                      Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
                      54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal program.

                    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 18, 2007
                        After having similar problem on my Proto B board,
                        I'd say to upgrade the firmware with the one on the
                        web (would give you version 54075) or by clicking the
                        Web button on the otwincfg (which then would give you
                        version 54085).

                        After reloading the firmware (either method), do
                        nothing, just quit from otwincfg and directly go to
                        your terminal program, power cycle, and hit enter
                        several times. You should get the banner and cmd:
                        prompt.

                        Let me know if this helps.

                        73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

                        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                      • 'Scott Miller'
                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 19, 2007
                          The LED shouldn't stay green.  That could be an indication of a clock problem.  You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader updater, right?  Did you erase the configuration as well?

                          it appears that the device is not transmitting.
                          When the board powers up, LED flashes red once.
                          when using terminal-program SecureCRT (9600b with N81) I get nothing.

                          Using recent post, i reloaded the firmware. With firmware version
                          54069 now the LED stays green. Still nothing with terminal program.

                          --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

                          > Ok, to back up a bit, what is the current problem? It's not
                          transmitting?
                          > I'm digging out of holiday email right now and I'm a bit behind.
                          >
                          > Scott
                          >

                          > _____

                        • k9sarfrog
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
                            I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
                            did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

                          • 'Scott Miller'
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 20, 2007
                              The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware loaded, every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader code.  And it won't do anything else.  I suppose I'd better document that somewhere.

                              Scott

                              I started with OT2.S19 from the opentracker website with erase. Then
                              did the webupdate 3 times. the last one was with the bootloader.

                              --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

                              > The LED shouldn't stay green. That could be an indication of a
                              clock
                              > problem. You did load the regular firmware and not the bootloader
                              updater,
                              > right? Did you erase the configuration as well?
                              >

                              > _____

                            • k9sarfrog
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
                                LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
                                used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
                                successfully loaded firmware 54075
                                used default settings

                                powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                                loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                                opened otwincfg
                                selected update from web

                                successfully loaded 54085
                                powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                                loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                                i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

                              • 'Scott Miller'
                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 22, 2007
                                  It still enters config mode OK though, right?

                                  What terminal program are you using?

                                  Scott

                                  LED solid green/terminal prg not connecting
                                  used otwincfg reload firmware/disable turbo
                                  successfully loaded firmware 54075
                                  used default settings

                                  powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                                  loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                                  opened otwincfg
                                  selected update from web

                                  successfully loaded 54085
                                  powed off/on OT2, LED flashed red once
                                  loaded up CRT/terminal prgm and nothing.

                                  i'm powering the OT2 with 12v 800mA AD/DC adapter

                                  --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:

                                  > The last one should never be the bootloader - with that firmware
                                  loaded,
                                  > every time you power up the tracker it'll replace the bootloader
                                  code. And
                                  > it won't do anything else. I suppose I'd better document that
                                  somewhere.

                                  > Scott
                                  >

                                  > _____

                                • k9sarfrog
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                                    config mode works through both the serial cable and the serial-to-
                                    serial adapter that I picked up.

                                    i'm using SecureCRT and hyperterm w/9600 baud N81 no hardware flow.

                                  • 'Scott Miller'
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Feb 23, 2007
                                      SecureCRT works much better than hyperterm.  Try a few different baud rates, starting with 115200.

                                      Scott