Re: [tracker2] Cheap recovered forest-stored T2-301 for sale

  • Matthew Cook
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 14, 2012
      So who's going to get the one that was launched from California and landed off the coast of Tunisia recently, long swim to retrieve that one...

      73's

      Matthew
      VK5ZM

      On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      It's been out there a year and a half now, probably not worth recovering
      unless there hasn't been any rain at all.

      I'm not even 100% sure it's there.  It was in the payload housing when I
      picked it up, and when next day it was gone.  It either fell out of the
      housing during the hike back, or someone nicked it.  Would be hard to
      find since it's not in the housing anymore, too.

      Scott

      On 2/14/2012 1:59 PM, James Ewen wrote:
      > On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> wrote:
      >
      >  > There's another one for free, as-is and where-is, in the Mojave desert
      >  > east of Barstow.  I've got the coordinates, but it's about an hour or
      >  > two from the nearest paved road and maybe a mile from the closest jeep
      >  > trail!
      >
      > You should have said something last week Don aprs.fi/VA6CJ was just
      > down that way for the King of the Hammers... I could have sent him on
      > a side trip...
      >
      > --
      > James
      > VE6SRV

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
         tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 14, 2012
        On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Matthew Cook <vk5zm@...> wrote:

        > So who's going to get the one that was launched from California and landed
        > off the coast of Tunisia recently, long swim to retrieve that one...

        That wasn't an OT, so not much desire... besides, aren't you closer than we are?

      • gervais fillion
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 14, 2012
          well Scott
          it would be great to go there for a try!
          warmer then here,,,
          -18 celcius ,,,,and riding skidoo 's    :-)

          Gervais
          ve2ckn

          > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          > From: scott@...
          > Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:11:48 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [tracker2] Cheap recovered forest-stored T2-301 for sale
          >
          > There's another one for free, as-is and where-is, in the Mojave desert
          > east of Barstow. I've got the coordinates, but it's about an hour or
          > two from the nearest paved road and maybe a mile from the closest jeep
          > trail!
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > On 2/14/2012 1:01 PM, pb648174 wrote:
          > > This is a recovered data radio I used in a high altitude balloon project
          > > and no longer need. It was in a forest for a couple months and was
          > > eventually found by a deer hunter and returned to me. I recharged the
          > > batteries and plugged everything in and was able to connect via RS232
          > > and send a test APRS message and see it received on aprs.fi so it is
          > > definitely working. That being said, it sat in a forest for a few months
          > > so everything is as-is.. :)
          > >
          > > The included wire harness allow you to just plug it into an RS 232 port
          > > and communicate with it once the provided batteries are plugged in. You
          > > can also just attach a power supply to the battery connector on the wire
          > > harness via alligator clips to test it out without using batteries.
          > > Everything pictured is provided including the antenna and GPS so this is
          > > really everything you need for a small tracker project.
          > >
          > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280826691738#ht_950wt_1149
          > > <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280826691738#ht_950wt_1149>

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • TomC
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 8, 2012
            -- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "pb648174" <yahoo@...> wrote:

            > This is a recovered data radio I used in a high altitude
            > balloon project and no longer need. It was in a forest
            > for a couple months and was eventually found by a deer
            > hunter and returned to me. I recharged the batteries
            > and plugged everything in and was able to connect via
            > RS232 and send a test APRS message and see it received
            > on aprs.fi so it is definitely working. That being said,
            > it sat in a forest for a few months so everything is as-is.. :)

            "AS IS", as in it doesn't work period.