RE: [tracker2] Digi ???

  • gervais fillion
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
      thanks keithi am working on it tomorrow,the kpc3 and the ot2 have the same pinnout?73gervais

      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      From: ve7gdh@...
      Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 17:32:16 -0800
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Digi ???

      Gervais VE2CKN wrote...
      > can the OT2 be used as a Digi? do i need a special version of
      > the firmware?

      The OT2m makes a dandy digi!
      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup
      e.g. for a WIDEn-N (up to 3 hops)

      MYCALL VE2CKN (or whatever)
      ALIAS 1 WIDE
      HOPLIMIT 3
      USEALIAS 1 ON
      DIGIID 1 ON

      For SSn-N (up o PQ7-7 for province flooding) you could have...

      ALIAS 2 PQ (is that the correct abbreviation?)
      HOPLIMIT 7
      USEALIAS 2 ON
      DIGIID 2 ON

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • captnkliegle
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...> wrote:

        > thanks keithi am working on it tomorrow,the kpc3 and the ot2 have the same pinnout?73gervais

        Yes for audio, PTT, and GND lines 1,3,5,& 6. Power on pin 7 for KPC-3's is a reset function.

        All Argent tracker products with a 9-pin radio connector (with the exception of the T2-301) use the same pinout for all basic radio interface signals:

        Pin Function
        1 Audio output (tracker to radio)
        2 Squelch input
        3 PTT output
        5 Audio input (radio to tracker)
        6 Ground
        7 Power input
        8 PTT input (for mic encoder use only)

        KPC-3:

        Radio Port (DB-9) Pin-out:
        Pin no. Signal name Function
        1 TXA Transmit audio (AFSK out)
        2 XCD External carrier detect (transmit inhibit) input
        or (via software command w/ 8.2 or higher firmware
        version) alternate GPS Input port
        3 PTT Push-to-talk (to radio PTT/transmitter enable input)
        4 CTRLB/AN0 Control line B (or AN0 input)
        5 RXA Receive audio (AKSK in)
        6 GND Ground
        7 EXT-IN External input for Power/Reset
        8 CTRLA /AN1 Control line A (or AN1 input)
        9 GND / RESET Ground or Reset Input (jumper selectable – J5)

        Kriss KA1GJU
      • gervais fillion
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
          okso i will use the rear 12 vdc connector for the dc supply of the OT2.thanks for your messagegervais

          To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          From: kliegle@...
          Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 03:08:43 +0000
          Subject: [tracker2] Re: Digi ???