Re: [tracker2] Digi ???

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
      Gervais VE2CKN wrote...

      > can the OT2 be used as a Digi? do i need a special version of
      > the firmware?

      The OT2m makes a dandy digi!

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup

      e.g. for a WIDEn-N (up to 3 hops)

      MYCALL VE2CKN (or whatever)
      ALIAS 1 WIDE
      HOPLIMIT 3
      USEALIAS 1 ON
      DIGIID 1 ON

      For SSn-N (up o PQ7-7 for province flooding) you could have...

      ALIAS 2 PQ (is that the correct abbreviation?)
      HOPLIMIT 7
      USEALIAS 2 ON
      DIGIID 2 ON

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • gervais fillion
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
        thanks keithi am working on it tomorrow,the kpc3 and the ot2 have the same pinnout?73gervais

        To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
        From: ve7gdh@...
        Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 17:32:16 -0800
        Subject: Re: [tracker2] Digi ???

        Gervais VE2CKN wrote...
        > can the OT2 be used as a Digi? do i need a special version of
        > the firmware?

        The OT2m makes a dandy digi!
        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup
        e.g. for a WIDEn-N (up to 3 hops)

        MYCALL VE2CKN (or whatever)
        ALIAS 1 WIDE
        HOPLIMIT 3
        USEALIAS 1 ON
        DIGIID 1 ON

        For SSn-N (up o PQ7-7 for province flooding) you could have...

        ALIAS 2 PQ (is that the correct abbreviation?)
        HOPLIMIT 7
        USEALIAS 2 ON
        DIGIID 2 ON

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      • captnkliegle
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...> wrote:

          > thanks keithi am working on it tomorrow,the kpc3 and the ot2 have the same pinnout?73gervais

          Yes for audio, PTT, and GND lines 1,3,5,& 6. Power on pin 7 for KPC-3's is a reset function.

          All Argent tracker products with a 9-pin radio connector (with the exception of the T2-301) use the same pinout for all basic radio interface signals:

          Pin Function
          1 Audio output (tracker to radio)
          2 Squelch input
          3 PTT output
          5 Audio input (radio to tracker)
          6 Ground
          7 Power input
          8 PTT input (for mic encoder use only)

          KPC-3:

          Radio Port (DB-9) Pin-out:
          Pin no. Signal name Function
          1 TXA Transmit audio (AFSK out)
          2 XCD External carrier detect (transmit inhibit) input
          or (via software command w/ 8.2 or higher firmware
          version) alternate GPS Input port
          3 PTT Push-to-talk (to radio PTT/transmitter enable input)
          4 CTRLB/AN0 Control line B (or AN0 input)
          5 RXA Receive audio (AKSK in)
          6 GND Ground
          7 EXT-IN External input for Power/Reset
          8 CTRLA /AN1 Control line A (or AN1 input)
          9 GND / RESET Ground or Reset Input (jumper selectable – J5)

          Kriss KA1GJU
        • gervais fillion
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
            okso i will use the rear 12 vdc connector for the dc supply of the OT2.thanks for your messagegervais

            To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
            From: kliegle@...
            Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 03:08:43 +0000
            Subject: [tracker2] Re: Digi ???