Re: [tracker2] Digi ???

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
      On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...> wrote:

      > it maybe have been a subject here, can the OT2 be used as a Digi?

      Yes.

      > do i need a special version of the firmware?

      No.

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
        Gervais VE2CKN wrote...

        > can the OT2 be used as a Digi? do i need a special version of
        > the firmware?

        The OT2m makes a dandy digi!

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup

        e.g. for a WIDEn-N (up to 3 hops)

        MYCALL VE2CKN (or whatever)
        ALIAS 1 WIDE
        HOPLIMIT 3
        USEALIAS 1 ON
        DIGIID 1 ON

        For SSn-N (up o PQ7-7 for province flooding) you could have...

        ALIAS 2 PQ (is that the correct abbreviation?)
        HOPLIMIT 7
        USEALIAS 2 ON
        DIGIID 2 ON

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      • gervais fillion
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
          thanks keithi am working on it tomorrow,the kpc3 and the ot2 have the same pinnout?73gervais

          To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
          From: ve7gdh@...
          Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 17:32:16 -0800
          Subject: Re: [tracker2] Digi ???

          Gervais VE2CKN wrote...
          > can the OT2 be used as a Digi? do i need a special version of
          > the firmware?

          The OT2m makes a dandy digi!
          http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup
          e.g. for a WIDEn-N (up to 3 hops)

          MYCALL VE2CKN (or whatever)
          ALIAS 1 WIDE
          HOPLIMIT 3
          USEALIAS 1 ON
          DIGIID 1 ON

          For SSn-N (up o PQ7-7 for province flooding) you could have...

          ALIAS 2 PQ (is that the correct abbreviation?)
          HOPLIMIT 7
          USEALIAS 2 ON
          DIGIID 2 ON

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        • captnkliegle
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...> wrote:

            > thanks keithi am working on it tomorrow,the kpc3 and the ot2 have the same pinnout?73gervais

            Yes for audio, PTT, and GND lines 1,3,5,& 6. Power on pin 7 for KPC-3's is a reset function.

            All Argent tracker products with a 9-pin radio connector (with the exception of the T2-301) use the same pinout for all basic radio interface signals:

            Pin Function
            1 Audio output (tracker to radio)
            2 Squelch input
            3 PTT output
            5 Audio input (radio to tracker)
            6 Ground
            7 Power input
            8 PTT input (for mic encoder use only)

            KPC-3:

            Radio Port (DB-9) Pin-out:
            Pin no. Signal name Function
            1 TXA Transmit audio (AFSK out)
            2 XCD External carrier detect (transmit inhibit) input
            or (via software command w/ 8.2 or higher firmware
            version) alternate GPS Input port
            3 PTT Push-to-talk (to radio PTT/transmitter enable input)
            4 CTRLB/AN0 Control line B (or AN0 input)
            5 RXA Receive audio (AKSK in)
            6 GND Ground
            7 EXT-IN External input for Power/Reset
            8 CTRLA /AN1 Control line A (or AN1 input)
            9 GND / RESET Ground or Reset Input (jumper selectable – J5)

            Kriss KA1GJU
          • gervais fillion
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
              okso i will use the rear 12 vdc connector for the dc supply of the OT2.thanks for your messagegervais

              To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
              From: kliegle@...
              Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 03:08:43 +0000
              Subject: [tracker2] Re: Digi ???