Digi ???

  • gervais fillion
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
      hi all
      it maybe have been a subject here, can the OT2 be used as a Digi? do i need a special version of the firmware? if so which one please?
      thanks
      73
      gervais ve2ckn
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
        On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...> wrote:

        > it maybe have been a subject here, can the OT2 be used as a Digi?

        Yes.

        > do i need a special version of the firmware?

        No.

        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
          Gervais VE2CKN wrote...

          > can the OT2 be used as a Digi? do i need a special version of
          > the firmware?

          The OT2m makes a dandy digi!

          http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup

          e.g. for a WIDEn-N (up to 3 hops)

          MYCALL VE2CKN (or whatever)
          ALIAS 1 WIDE
          HOPLIMIT 3
          USEALIAS 1 ON
          DIGIID 1 ON

          For SSn-N (up o PQ7-7 for province flooding) you could have...

          ALIAS 2 PQ (is that the correct abbreviation?)
          HOPLIMIT 7
          USEALIAS 2 ON
          DIGIID 2 ON

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        • gervais fillion
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
            thanks keithi am working on it tomorrow,the kpc3 and the ot2 have the same pinnout?73gervais

            To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
            From: ve7gdh@...
            Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 17:32:16 -0800
            Subject: Re: [tracker2] Digi ???

            Gervais VE2CKN wrote...
            > can the OT2 be used as a Digi? do i need a special version of
            > the firmware?

            The OT2m makes a dandy digi!
            http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Digipeater_Setup
            e.g. for a WIDEn-N (up to 3 hops)

            MYCALL VE2CKN (or whatever)
            ALIAS 1 WIDE
            HOPLIMIT 3
            USEALIAS 1 ON
            DIGIID 1 ON

            For SSn-N (up o PQ7-7 for province flooding) you could have...

            ALIAS 2 PQ (is that the correct abbreviation?)
            HOPLIMIT 7
            USEALIAS 2 ON
            DIGIID 2 ON

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          • captnkliegle
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...> wrote:

              > thanks keithi am working on it tomorrow,the kpc3 and the ot2 have the same pinnout?73gervais

              Yes for audio, PTT, and GND lines 1,3,5,& 6. Power on pin 7 for KPC-3's is a reset function.

              All Argent tracker products with a 9-pin radio connector (with the exception of the T2-301) use the same pinout for all basic radio interface signals:

              Pin Function
              1 Audio output (tracker to radio)
              2 Squelch input
              3 PTT output
              5 Audio input (radio to tracker)
              6 Ground
              7 Power input
              8 PTT input (for mic encoder use only)

              KPC-3:

              Radio Port (DB-9) Pin-out:
              Pin no. Signal name Function
              1 TXA Transmit audio (AFSK out)
              2 XCD External carrier detect (transmit inhibit) input
              or (via software command w/ 8.2 or higher firmware
              version) alternate GPS Input port
              3 PTT Push-to-talk (to radio PTT/transmitter enable input)
              4 CTRLB/AN0 Control line B (or AN0 input)
              5 RXA Receive audio (AKSK in)
              6 GND Ground
              7 EXT-IN External input for Power/Reset
              8 CTRLA /AN1 Control line A (or AN1 input)
              9 GND / RESET Ground or Reset Input (jumper selectable – J5)

              Kriss KA1GJU
            • gervais fillion
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
                okso i will use the rear 12 vdc connector for the dc supply of the OT2.thanks for your messagegervais

                To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                From: kliegle@...
                Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 03:08:43 +0000
                Subject: [tracker2] Re: Digi ???