Re: [tracker2] Re: Nuvi 1490 + FMI-15 + T2-135 = Works!

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
      The B port routed to the front is receive-only to the T2-135 only. It
      provides 5v out for a GPS, ground, and a single data pin for transmit
      data from the external GPS to get in to a port on the T2-135. For a
      Nuvi + PC usage, I need transmit and receive on both ports which is
      provided by the OT2m.

      I did toy with customizing (aka hacking) my T2-135 to drop the 5v and
      bring out the other comm line, but I figured I'd end up blowing
      something up later without knowing which of my T2s were wired which way.

      PS. Now, a Bluetooth enabled T2-135 internal card would be really
      sweet, but the metal case of the DR-135 would probably severely limit
      the bluetooth range...

      On 2/3/2012 10:54 AM, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
      > Quoting "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<ldeffenb@...>:
      >
      >> ...T2-135 (which has but the single GPS port coming out the back connector).
      > On the T2-135, the T2's B port is routed to the DATA jack on the front
      > panel of the radio. Does that not work for what you want to do?
      >
      > Bob...

    • Joe Della Barba
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2012
        The "switch profile on GPS FIX" is backwards. Switching to Profile 2 if GPS is invalid actually ends up doing it when valid and vice versa.
        Also NO FIX gets appended even if there is a valid fix.
        It must be opposite day....

        73
        N3HGB

        Joe Della Barba
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 8, 2012
          Found the problem. It was not backwards exactly, but there was a &
          where there should have been a &&, and another line of code got deleted
          somewhere along the way.

          I've fixed it and will put out a new revision soon.

          Thanks,

          Scott