Bug in latest otwincfg.exe ?

  • notrobbage
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2012
      I downloaded the latest otwincfg soon after it was posted online. I had some problems with it that seemed to come and go so I stopped using it for as while and tried again just lately. Same thing still happens.

      If I start the app and select the 'offline' button on the serial port window, the 'Open' dialog appears and short after an error message pops up saying that the serial port is unavailable, although I'm not trying to connect to an OT or serial port. The error pops up multiple times. But it doesn't happen every time I use the app... not sure why or what's different each time I do this.

      This occurs on my XP SPIII quad core Athlon at home (one real serial port) as well as an iMac Bootcamp into XP SPIII at work (with a 4 port USB serial gadget)

      I wonder if anybody else can reproduce this?
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
        I've seen this too. It's got me baffled, but I'll keep working on it.
        It shouldn't even try to open any serial port in offline mode.