Re: [tracker2] Re: T3-301 Release date?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 23, 2012
      On 1/23/2012 9:53 PM, Matthew Cook wrote:
      > Are you going to drop the UART on the T3-301 or just add the USB
      > connector? If the USB connector can power the T3 inside the 301 would

      Just like the OT3m, the two UARTs are still there.

      > it be possible to make this jumperable (move smd resistors) so select
      > between USB and internal supplies? Will the USB be isolated or
      > referenced to the radio ground?

      Right now the OTUSB and OT3m use a diode to separate USB power and
      regulator power, but they do share a common ground so you should still
      be careful about ground loops.

      > If you're laying out a new PCB would it be possible to have a small 4
      > pin header (not fitted) that breaks out the TTL level serial?

      Possibly, or at least test pads. I've got a few things on my wish list
      for extra connections. The OTUSB has a jumper that's intended to switch
      the UART polarity for use with TTL setups, but it hasn't been
      implemented yet.