ot3m Garmin 350

  • drreed5
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2012
      I have the new OT3m hooked up to a nuvi 350, I am able to see stations, digi, igate, etc. but I am unable to send messages or see my station on the web etc... I have tried to follow every setup guide I can find, wondering if anyone may have a solution, is it a setting, a bad nuvi, or something else. I have tried updating the software in the nuvi and still get the same results. It did one time respond to an "info" request after about 20 min after I sent it. Any help would be great
      thanks
    • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2012
        Are you connected with an FMI cable or a GTRANS cable? The former does
        messaging while the latter is just an NMEA translator that supports
        waypoints and GPS, but no messaging.

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

        On 1/13/2012 11:28 AM, drreed5 wrote:
        > I have the new OT3m hooked up to a nuvi 350, I am able to see stations, digi, igate, etc. but I am unable to send messages or see my station on the web etc... I have tried to follow every setup guide I can find, wondering if anyone may have a solution, is it a setting, a bad nuvi, or something else. I have tried updating the software in the nuvi and still get the same results. It did one time respond to an "info" request after about 20 min after I sent it. Any help would be great
        > thanks

      • drreed5
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2012
          I am not sure, the package say Mini B to Serial Pigtail P/N 010-10813-00. I will look on the Argent site to see if I can figure out which I have.

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...> wrote:

          > Are you connected with an FMI cable or a GTRANS cable? The former does
          > messaging while the latter is just an NMEA translator that supports
          > waypoints and GPS, but no messaging.
          >
          > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
          >
          > On 1/13/2012 11:28 AM, drreed5 wrote:
          > > I have the new OT3m hooked up to a nuvi 350, I am able to see stations, digi, igate, etc. but I am unable to send messages or see my station on the web etc... I have tried to follow every setup guide I can find, wondering if anyone may have a solution, is it a setting, a bad nuvi, or something else. I have tried updating the software in the nuvi and still get the same results. It did one time respond to an "info" request after about 20 min after I sent it. Any help would be great
          > > thanks

        • seerdman
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2012
            From the files section of this group: http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EGMQTzO71hw303y3ikQpSAV3oTUcTUlDWEHL6Ok7DCtGqlLt8Q9zhRRSr8eJe1CjCyFCvG224m3kibLSeS5lhw6GFcIv11s/nuviv1.pdf

            73,
            Steve
            KF7MXS

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "drreed5" <drreed5@...> wrote:

            > I am not sure, the package say Mini B to Serial Pigtail P/N 010-10813-00. I will look on the Argent site to see if I can figure out which I have.
            >
            > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Are you connected with an FMI cable or a GTRANS cable? The former does
            > > messaging while the latter is just an NMEA translator that supports
            > > waypoints and GPS, but no messaging.
            > >
            > > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
            > >
            > > On 1/13/2012 11:28 AM, drreed5 wrote:
            > > > I have the new OT3m hooked up to a nuvi 350, I am able to see stations, digi, igate, etc. but I am unable to send messages or see my station on the web etc... I have tried to follow every setup guide I can find, wondering if anyone may have a solution, is it a setting, a bad nuvi, or something else. I have tried updating the software in the nuvi and still get the same results. It did one time respond to an "info" request after about 20 min after I sent it. Any help would be great
            > > > thanks

          • Patrick Wood
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 13, 2012
              Sounds like you have everything setup right for receive, but a problem
              with your transmit setup.. Check your transmit levels you are likely
              low or over-driving your rig so the digis are unable to decode you..