Re: OT3m config options?

  • Dale Seaburg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2012
      4a.

      OT3m config options?

      Posted by: "Curt, WE7U" curt.we7u@...   we7u

      Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:44 pm (PST)

      *) What are the options for Mac-only or Linux-only users for configuring the OT3m? Find a Windows PC or use WINE, or something native? Sorry if I may have missed such a discussion earlier.

      *) Will the OT3m eventually support longer packets and back-to-back packets? Like multiple 1024-byte or 1500-byte TCP/IP packets sent/received to/from the TNC via KISS mode...

      --
      Curt, WE7U. http://www.eskimo. com/~archer
      Closed-minded about open (-source)...

      Curt,

      I have successfully run the otwincfg.exe under wine in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.  I used the latest wine version.  It works well.  You will have to create a softlink between  /dev/ttyUSBx or /dev/ttySx and COMx.  See the wine docs on this.  But, other than that, it works just as if you were in Windoze.

      Dale.  KG5LT