Re: [tracker2] OT3 power switch

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2012
      > C'mon Scott crack the whip on Igor! No coffee or lunch breaks, and no
      > going home until the backlog is cleared up!

      I've been in back doing almost as much soldering as him lately! In fact
      all of the T3 assembly work has been me.

      The good news (for us anyway) is that the OT3ms are easier to assemble.
      Even with the SMT stuff outsourced on the OT2ms, we'd still have to
      bend the LEDs and install them at the right height. Now it's a dual
      bicolor LED that installs in one piece and doesn't have to be trimmed.

      One of the first major software changes I'm hoping to make is to add
      substitution strings in scripting and comments - so you'd use something
      like %TEMPF% and it would be replaced with the temperature in
      Fahrenheit. I don't think I'm going to be able to pull that off on the
      T2 due to code space and especially RAM limitations. But so far, the T3
      is basically using only as much RAM (2k) as the T2 - the only changes
      being to some buffer sizes (in particular the serial input buffers) and
      the addition of the USB endpoint buffers and control structures. So
      most of the 16k is still available for stuff like temporary storage
      during string substitution, outgoing packet buffers, and whatnot that
      just weren't practical before.

      Scott
    • Maciej O.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 2012
        > Yes, but smaller - 7 amps instead of 30. Very few people were using
        > more than a few amps on the OT2m and the larger solid state relays are
        > bulky, expensive, and frequently hard to source. 7 amps should be
        > enough for most radios on low or medium power, and for higher current
        > you can use an external relay.
        >
        > The connection for the relay is on the front terminal block now, instead
        > of an internal pad.
        >
        > Scott

        Hello.
        What is the name of this new realys? I ask because VN920/IPS5451 is
        distroied inside of my OT2m. I have problem to buy it in Poland :-(

        SP1QXN Maciej
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 6, 2012
          It's currently an IPS6041. It could also be a VN820 or IPS6031,
          depending on component availability.

          Scott