Finished OT3m pictures

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2012
      I've posted some pictures of the finished OT3m to Facebook:

      http://www.facebook.com/ArgentData

      The first few units will ship today.

      Scott
    • nb7o
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2012
        Scott are you going to Quartzfest? Byon is going to be there. If you go will you be taking a few of the OT3's with you? I am referring some amateurs to your product and many will be at Qfest.

        I will not make it to Qfest this year. My father's health is keeping us in Oregon. I did present the OT2m and the T2-135 in 2010. I also showed some of Byon's products. There was a lot of interest in your products then and I still get emails from attendees of 2007, 2008, and 2010 where I have presented there.

        kevin/NB7O

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2012
          Would be fun, but I'm busy moving right now. Not to mention trying to
          get caught up on our production backlog.

          Maybe next year. Sometime before Burning Man I'll be revising the
          monitoring system in my trailer and I'd like to be able to show that off
          as well, even if it's not a production item. The current shunts failed
          on my last trip, but the tank level monitoring and solar/battery voltage
          reporting worked beautifully. I'll be integrating the WS1 weather
          sensors on the roof (which replaced the crank-up TV antenna) for a
          single integrated status display when I have time.

          Also have to tear out my fresh water tank and repair a leak before I go
          anywhere else in that trailer.

          Scott

          On 1/5/2012 12:08 PM, nb7o wrote:

          > Scott are you going to Quartzfest? Byon is going to be there. If you go
          > will you be taking a few of the OT3's with you? I am referring some
          > amateurs to your product and many will be at Qfest.
          >
          > I will not make it to Qfest this year. My father's health is keeping us
          > in Oregon. I did present the OT2m and the T2-135 in 2010. I also showed
          > some of Byon's products. There was a lot of interest in your products
          > then and I still get emails from attendees of 2007, 2008, and 2010 where
          > I have presented there.
          >
          > kevin/NB7O

          > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've posted some pictures of the finished OT3m to Facebook:
          > >
          > > http://www.facebook.com/ArgentData
          > >
          > > The first few units will ship today.
          > >
          > > Scott

        • nb7o
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2012
            Send Byon some of your products to display there then.

            Might be easier to replace the RV than do all those repairs. As busy as you are you are going to have to out source the work. hi hi.

            seven three de kevin/NB7O

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2012
              It's a minor leak in the tank (probably caused by my mucking around and
              installing sensors) and I think I know how to get it out without tearing
              everything apart.

              And the rest is fun stuff - I ripped out the stupid LED monitor panel
              and installed an RS-485 network with industrial-grade pressure sensors,
              running Modbus RTU. The power monitor board has current shuts for the
              battery (bidirectional) and solar panels. I can see how much fresh
              water I've got to 1/10th gallon, and battery and solar status to a
              fraction of an amp.

              Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be making that a commercial
              product, but I might release some information for DIYers. I probably
              spent about as much as I would have for a high-end capacitive sensing
              system, and I put in way more work on it, but it's more accurate and has
              more features.

              Scott