Re: ok now the cable problem is fixed it says i have to upgrade my config program..

  • kc9gqr
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
      --it says Unsupported firmware version, Please Upgrade configuration
      program. Ver 255 build 65535target ap64-xr

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
        Ok, that's what you get with a blank chip. (255 and 65535 are all 1's in
        binary.) One of these days I'm going to set it up to prompt you for a
        firmware file when that happens - and let you grab it from the web, instead
        of requiring a local file.

        So the resistor worked? What value did you use?

        Scott

      • kc9gqr
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
          --- Resister worked with a 1k... ok now that its a blank chip how
          do i fix it...

        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
            Grab the file from http://n1vg.net/opentracker/downloads.php (it's ot2.s19),
            then fire up the config program, check the 'erase' checkbox, connect, and
            point it to that file.

            Production versions of the kit won't require this, and I'm going to improve
            the config program to make it easier anyway.

            Scott