Re: [tracker2] Opentracker2, KISS, and AGWPE

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi Ian,

      Check the end of the manual for instructions on setting up UI-View -
      most of the same will apply. The important ones are ABAUD (I use 9600
      usually) and AMODE KISS. Make sure AGWPE is *not* set to send any
      start-up commands or the exit-KISS sequence.

      Scott

      On 12/31/2011 8:33 PM, zl1vfo wrote:
      > I have a couple of questions on how to get an Opentracker2 and AGWPE to
      > talk to each other in KISS mode.
      >
      > Unfortunately AGWPE doesn't have either the OT2 or the OTUSB in the drop
      > down list of supported TNCs, leaving me to experiment.
      > I started from a known point, loading in the latest build 55863, and
      > setting the TVLEVEL so I had 3.5kHz deviation on the high tone, and the
      > default serial speed of 4800.
      >
      > I presume something like the following should do it -:
      >
      > SWDCD ON
      > WAYPOINTS OFF
      > ABAUD KISS
      >
      > The issue is that not all times do I seem to get anything on the
      > AGW-Monitor screen, and I'm trying to work out if I have a command
      > wrong, or AGW didn't send out what I expected, or something else if
      > going on.
      > Haven't worked out a pattern yet...
      > Would it help if I were to set ABAUD 4800 & AUTOBAUD OFF ?
      >
      > Also, would it be possible to add some firmware code to (say) flash the
      > bi-colour LED red/green/off 3 times upon receiving the AMODE KISS (or
      > BMODE KISS for that matter), and perhaps again flash it again once when
      > exiting KISS mode? It would help with diagnostics as to why I am having
      > difficulty getting AGWPE to work with the T2.
      >
      > One thing I note is that the manual is a bit over 2 years since it's
      > last revision -
      > <https://www.argentdata.com/support/tracker2_manual.pdf>
      > Has anything been added to the firmware that ought to be in the manual?
      > (Like a new command or something)
      >
      > 73,
      > Ian ZL1VFO

    • Rob
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2012
        On 02/01/12 03:10, zl1vfo wrote:

        Sometimes when I start up AGWPE and the coresponding AGW Monitor, I don't see any packets appear on the screen, even though I can hear them being received by the radio ( a Tait T700 ).

        Ian, if AGW Monitor is often not showing anything then it sounds like an AGWPE issue. If you can hear packets but nothing displays then I wonder if you have set up the audio levels yet? If you open the AGW PE 'soundcard tuning aid' you can view the 'scope and adjust the radio or sound card controls.
        --
        Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN