OT2 and USB

  • kc8sfq@mei.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2011
      Hi Scott:
      From looking at the web store, it appears the OT2 and the OTUSB are both out of stock.

      How long is this condition likely to continue.

      73 KC8SFQ Ron
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 21, 2011
        We're running a few days behind on OTUSBs right now (it'll take another
        full day to catch up with weather station orders, and another for FMI
        cables) but there's no hold up there other than manpower. The OT2m is
        no longer in production, except in China where BD6CR has started
        production of a licensed version that uses the OT2m board and an
        extruded aluminum case.

        The OT3m is ready for release (though never 'finished' until there's no
        more space for new features) but we're still waiting on the sheet metal
        shop for the cases. All pending OT2m orders will be filled with the
        OT3m, and the price will stay the same.

        Scott

        On 12/21/2011 6:40 PM, kc8sfq@... wrote:
        > Hi Scott:
        > >From looking at the web store, it appears the OT2 and the OTUSB are
        > both out of stock.
        >
        > How long is this condition likely to continue.
        >
        > 73 KC8SFQ Ron

      • KEN
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 29, 2012
          Scott,

          When are you going to UPDATE your online store. I have been checking and would like to order, but with no VALID information I am concerned.

          Up Here in Fort McMurray AB we have over 500 km of highway and winter Ice road to cover and would like to do it before access shuts us down. The tower owner only does an access road every 2 years and this is it.

          Eventually we would like to do highway 881 in total over 1500 km we need a few units ASAP

          KEN
          VA6KM
          ken@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 29, 2012
            We'll put the OT3m on the website when we actually have some on the shelf.

            The inventory on the other items also should follow what's available,
            but because we're running behind, some items are almost perpetually
            shown with negative stock. You can always place an order and we'll ship
            it as soon as we're able. Often it's not more than a few days' delay,
            but it could be weeks before we have a surplus in stock.

            Thanks,

            Scott

          • kc8sfq@mei.net
            Message 5 of 6 , May 26, 2012
              Hi Everyone,
              I just now had time to play with one of my "Dayton treasures" (My wife's name for them). The treasure in question is a brand new OTUSB.
              I want to run it as a serial device, due to the ports available on the computer. I have used the OT2 in this config, but want to free that up for use as a Porta-Digi. I'm running APRSISCE/32. I can gonfigure the OTUSB with the otwincfg and I can turn on/off the LED's and pull the PTT line and bring up the transmitter (from the cfg program). When I fire up the APRSISCE/32. I see nothing and can't call the transmitter from the APRSISCE/32 program. If I shut down and replace the OTUSB with the OT2 it sits there happily decoding and I can call the transmitter. I think I have both trackers programmed the same, One (OT2) works and one (USB) does not.

              I've been poking away at this for a couple hours now and I've run out of stuff to try.

              I know it's hard to diagnose via long distance, but any help would be appreciated.

              Tnx and 73 KC8SFQ Ron
              Message 6 of 6 , May 29, 2012
                If you can save your configuration to a file and send it to me, I'll
                take a look at it. The same settings you used for the T2 should work on
                the OTUSB.

                Scott