Re: [tracker2] Nuvi 1490 FMI?

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2011
      So, I could use either

      https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=102762

      or

      https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=104982 (if I wanted traffic)

      in conjunction with a RS-232 level converter and 5v supply? Seems
      pricey, but if that's what it takes to keep my nice trim-line T2-135
      installation and preserve messaging, I'll do what I have to do. I just
      want to make sure it'll work before plopping down the $$$.

      Or do those cables include a level converter as the 10813
      (https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1449) seems to? Or does Argent
      add the "inline converter circuit"?

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Replacing a pair of 350s for T2-135 and OT2m

      PS. Or assuming https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1449 is the
      cable inside the Nuvi350->T2-135
      https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=90 (or
      is it actually your own
      https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=111&osCsid=jic484kun8kd9h8aja06fcae50),
      can I carefully open something up and replace it with a new cable based
      on either one from the links above or your 5 conductor pigtail?