Re: Us of the tracker2 in an aircraft

  • Brent Taylor
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 10, 2011
      My experience is far more simplistic but works for my purposes. I have a share in a Cherokee 140 and only one other owner is a ham. So, rather than trying to sell the idea of adding a device(s) I purchased an MT-AIO in a Pelican case, charge it up (8 x AA lasts a week at full 0.5W power) and sit it on the dash with the long rubber antenna just sitting along the seam at the bottom of the windshield.

      Admittedly I cannot send/receive custom messages and I transmit in the blind - but it sure gives my wife peace of mind when she can see the trail on the Internet. The AIO is switchable for two modes, so I have a car config and a plane config. I guess it's not much more than a Spot beacon can do, but I do not have to subscribe to anything. In the main car I have the NĂ¼vi 350 and a DR-135 setup, which works very well.

      73

      Brent Taylor, VY2HF (and C-FGJZ)
      Stratford, PEI, Canada

      Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry