Re: Connecting a DTMF decoder to a FC-301/D Data Radio and OT2

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2011
      Scott,
      Thanks for the input. I look forward to the OT3 release. Sounds like it will have a lot of flexibility.

      Is this the correct pinout between the OT2 and the FC-301(with no t2-301 installed)?

      OT2 FC-301 (with no t2-301 installed)
      1: Audio out-------------------1: Audio In (Data TX)
      2: COR / Squelch input---------6: Carrier Detect (Squelch)
      3: PTT out---------------------3: PTT
      5: Audio in--------------------2: Audio Out (Data RX)
      6: Ground----------------------4: GND (Ground)
      7: Power in
      8: PTT in

      BTW- Thanks for the super fast shipping on the temp sensor and GPS. I got it all integrated with my payload. It is functioning beautifully. We are go for a launch on Sunday.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2011
        That all looks correct.

        Scott

        On 12/2/2011 3:39 PM, Edward wrote:
        > Scott,
        > Thanks for the input. I look forward to the OT3 release. Sounds like it
        > will have a lot of flexibility.
        >
        > Is this the correct pinout between the OT2 and the FC-301(with no t2-301
        > installed)?
        >
        > OT2 FC-301 (with no t2-301 installed)
        > 1: Audio out-------------------1: Audio In (Data TX)
        > 2: COR / Squelch input---------6: Carrier Detect (Squelch)
        > 3: PTT out---------------------3: PTT
        > 5: Audio in--------------------2: Audio Out (Data RX)
        > 6: Ground----------------------4: GND (Ground)
        > 7: Power in
        > 8: PTT in
        >
        > BTW- Thanks for the super fast shipping on the temp sensor and GPS. I
        > got it all integrated with my payload. It is functioning beautifully. We
        > are go for a launch on Sunday.

        > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > The FC-301 gives you a 'data' audio output and speaker output. I
        > > measured the data output at 750 mV p-p at 3 kHz deviation, and 5.7 V p-p
        > > on the speaker output for the same 3 kHz input signal.
        > >
        > > You shouldn't have any trouble splitting the audio output.
        > >
        > > The Tracker3 should have enough CPU power to do DTMF decoding
        > > simultaneously. In fact, I'm sure it will since the SR1 does AX.25 and
        > > DTMF at the same time with a much slower processor. I just haven't had
        > > a chance to port the code over yet, and I'll have to think about how I
        > > want it to work. At the very least it should be usable with the script
        > > engine, and it could probably be used for entering configuration
        > > commands directly.
        > >
        > > Scott
        > >
        > > On 12/2/2011 2:55 PM, Edward wrote:
        > > > I am interested in adding a DTMF Decoder
        > > > (http://www.icircuits.com/prod_dtmf8.html)
        > > > to a FC-301/D Data Radio and OT2 system.
        > > >
        > > > My question:
        > > > How would I do this? I need to bring audio and ground to the decoder.
        > > > How would I provide the line level audio and ground from of the FC-301
        > > > to the DTMF decoder?
        > > >
        > > > Also is there any issue splitting the audio from the FC-301 between the
        > > > OT2 and DTMF decoder?
        > > >
        > > > Hope this makes sense. What I am trying to do is put this in a high
        > > > altitude balloon. That way I have an APRS beacon and a DTMF decoder
        > > > working off the same tranceiver (FC-301). I would operate this off the
        > > > national APRS frequency (use some other frequency so that I am not
        > > > competing with other APRS traffic).

      • Gerry Graff
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2011
          In connecting ADS-GM1 GPS Receiver to the DR-135T via a stereo plug to the front port of the Alinco (and the T2-135 circuit board) the Argent Store GPS product page says to connect: the leads from the GPS as follows:

          Red wire (data out) to Tip
          Green wire (power In) to Ring
          and Blue wire (ground) to Sleeve.

          The problem I have is

          1. There is no blue wire (ground)

          I have a Red, White, Green and Black wire -- to choose from when I strip back the wire from the GPS.

          What is the correct (updated) wiring? (and maybe fix the product page)

          Gerry Graff
        • Gerry Graff
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
            Scott,

            You answered this question on the tapr.org site to a question about trying to identify GPS Modules.  See:

            You have the correct wiring on that answer, but  on your product page--

            the information is wrong and needs fixing.  I normally do not like to "try" things with live current, but I did without frying everything, and your product page needs to be corrected (to match your answer on tapr.org) with the following:

            Pin Wire Function
            2 Red RS-232 data out (+/- 6v)    NO THIS IS POWER IN
            3 Brown RS-232 data in    THERE IS NO BROWN WIRE
            4 Green Power in    NO THIS IS DATA OUT
            5 Blue Ground    NO THERE IS NO BLE WIRE
            - Yellow TTL data out (0-3v)
            - Black TTL data in    NO THIS IS GROUND

            Below the table you write:  For use with the Alinco DR-135T, a 3.5mm stereo plug should be wired as follows: Red to tip, green to ring, and blue to sleeve. THIS IS WRONG, IT SHOULD BE GREEN TO TIP, RED TO RING and BLACK TO SLEEVE

            I know you and the group have loftier things to discuss on the forum, but to get to the loftier things, the basics should be mastered.

            Gerry
            W5LCY

            On Dec 5, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Gerry Graff wrote:

            In connecting ADS-GM1 GPS Receiver to the DR-135T via a stereo plug to the front port of the Alinco (and the T2-135 circuit board) the Argent Store GPS  product page says to connect: the leads from the GPS as follows:

            Red wire (data out) to Tip
            Green wire (power In) to Ring
            and Blue wire (ground) to Sleeve.

            The problem I have is

            1.  There is no blue wire (ground)

            I have a Red, White, Green and Black wire -- to choose from when I strip back the wire from the GPS.

            What is the correct (updated) wiring? (and maybe fix the product page)

            Gerry Graff

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
               tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2011
              The manufacturer changed the wire colors without notice. I've removed
              the information from the product listing to avoid confusion.

              Scott