Re: [tracker2] DOUBLE command

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
      Yes. Thought I put that one in the manual. That's exactly what it does
      - it sends two packets back to back. I'll use it sometimes with a very
      short position packet if I'm somewhere with marginal coverage.

      Scott

      On 12/1/2011 12:52 AM, notrobbage wrote:
      > Scott, the T2 in my car started doing an odd thing after installing the
      > latest devel. It was beaconing twice every time it should have beaconed
      > once. I found a command DOUBLE which was turned on. I've never noticed
      > this command before and it isn't in the PDF manual. Is it possible this
      > is causing the double beacons?
      >
      > Rob VK6UFO

    • zl1vfo
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
        Actually, that reminds me of a question I had regarding this - are the two back to back packets sent identical, and with nothing but flags (7E hex) sent between them? I presumed they would be, but thought it best to ask to be sure.

        Just thinking if a digipeater managed to hear both packets, they would have to be identical for the 'duplicate list' to pick up on it and only digipeat one back out.

        -Ian ZL1VFO

        > Yes. Thought I put that one in the manual. That's exactly what it does
        > - it sends two packets back to back. I'll use it sometimes with a very
        > short position packet if I'm somewhere with marginal coverage.
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > On 12/1/2011 12:52 AM, notrobbage wrote:
        > > Scott, the T2 in my car started doing an odd thing after installing the
        > > latest devel. It was beaconing twice every time it should have beaconed
        > > once. I found a command DOUBLE which was turned on. I've never noticed
        > > this command before and it isn't in the PDF manual. Is it possible this
        > > is causing the double beacons?
        > >
        > > Rob VK6UFO

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
          On 02/12/11 06:13, zl1vfo wrote:

          Actually, that reminds me of a question I had regarding this - are the two back to back packets sent identical, and with nothing but flags (7E hex) sent between them? I presumed they would be, but thought it best to ask to be sure.

          In my case they were identical and only one report was being digipeated. I only noticed the double-up because I was monitoring RF traffic.
          --
          Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
        • Fred Hillhouse
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
            They are identical and I think the D7 flags them as a duplicate.

            Fred

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
              Yes, it just sends the same buffer twice. Any digi should discard the
              second copy.

              Scott