DOUBLE command

  • notrobbage
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
      Scott, the T2 in my car started doing an odd thing after installing the latest devel. It was beaconing twice every time it should have beaconed once. I found a command DOUBLE which was turned on. I've never noticed this command before and it isn't in the PDF manual. Is it possible this is causing the double beacons?

      Rob VK6UFO
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
        Yes. Thought I put that one in the manual. That's exactly what it does
        - it sends two packets back to back. I'll use it sometimes with a very
        short position packet if I'm somewhere with marginal coverage.

        Scott

        On 12/1/2011 12:52 AM, notrobbage wrote:
        > Scott, the T2 in my car started doing an odd thing after installing the
        > latest devel. It was beaconing twice every time it should have beaconed
        > once. I found a command DOUBLE which was turned on. I've never noticed
        > this command before and it isn't in the PDF manual. Is it possible this
        > is causing the double beacons?
        >
        > Rob VK6UFO

      • zl1vfo
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
          Actually, that reminds me of a question I had regarding this - are the two back to back packets sent identical, and with nothing but flags (7E hex) sent between them? I presumed they would be, but thought it best to ask to be sure.

          Just thinking if a digipeater managed to hear both packets, they would have to be identical for the 'duplicate list' to pick up on it and only digipeat one back out.

          -Ian ZL1VFO

          > Yes. Thought I put that one in the manual. That's exactly what it does
          > - it sends two packets back to back. I'll use it sometimes with a very
          > short position packet if I'm somewhere with marginal coverage.
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > On 12/1/2011 12:52 AM, notrobbage wrote:
          > > Scott, the T2 in my car started doing an odd thing after installing the
          > > latest devel. It was beaconing twice every time it should have beaconed
          > > once. I found a command DOUBLE which was turned on. I've never noticed
          > > this command before and it isn't in the PDF manual. Is it possible this
          > > is causing the double beacons?
          > >
          > > Rob VK6UFO

        • Rob
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
            On 02/12/11 06:13, zl1vfo wrote:

            Actually, that reminds me of a question I had regarding this - are the two back to back packets sent identical, and with nothing but flags (7E hex) sent between them? I presumed they would be, but thought it best to ask to be sure.

            In my case they were identical and only one report was being digipeated. I only noticed the double-up because I was monitoring RF traffic.
            --
            Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN
          • Fred Hillhouse
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
              They are identical and I think the D7 flags them as a duplicate.

              Fred

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
                Yes, it just sends the same buffer twice. Any digi should discard the
                second copy.

                Scott