Firmware build 54075 released

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2006
      I just posted an update that should fix the issues identified today. Fixed
      position mode seems to be working now, and you can exit from KISS mode.
      Just keep in mind that it'll cause BOTH ports to exit KISS mode if you have
      them both set that way.

      Also, to simplify exiting from KISS mode, you can just hit ctrl-c twice in a
      row. For Garmin mode, just hit enter a few times. In both cases, you have
      to have the right baud rate selected in your terminal program.

      Bearing and range output is now disabled, at least until I have a chance to
      make it an option and verify that the bearing part works right. I'm not
      sure that it's properly compensating for the convergence of the meridians.

      Scott
    • todd
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2006
        Fixed my problem Scott.
        Thanks
        Todd

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2006
          I just uploaded another update - this one adds CTS/RTS flow control support.  Setting BMODE to FLOW (now the default) enables flow control in console and KISS modes.  This is especially useful if you're sending a list of config commands - you can now send it a bunch of commands at once without overflowing the buffer.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
            On Dec 6, 2006, at 9:09 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

            > enables flow control in console and KISS modes.

            by coincidence I was reading a KISS paper by Phil Karn last night.
            One thing that jumped out at me was he specified the communications
            between host and TNC have _no_ flow control.

            For APRS use I don't see the harm, and it would help preserve limited
            resources (buffer space) on a microcontroller without dropping data.

            I guess hardware flow control assumes you haven't broken out the
            second serial port to a separate connector?

            -Jason
            kg4wsv
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
              Right, you can only use it for flow control OR a second serial port.  I'll try adding XON/XOFF flow control later.  And you're right, the KISS spec says no flow control.  That doesn't mean it won't work on some platforms, though.  Depending on how the port is set up, some implementations may hold off when RTS is low even if they haven't specifically been coded that way.  I know in some programs I've written I had to explicitly disable CTS/RTS handshaking.

              Scott

              On Dec 6, 2006, at 9:09 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

              > enables flow control in console and KISS modes.

              by coincidence I was reading a KISS paper by Phil Karn last night.
              One thing that jumped out at me was he specified the communications
              between host and TNC have _no_ flow control.

              For APRS use I don't see the harm, and it would help preserve limited
              resources (buffer space) on a microcontroller without dropping data.

              I guess hardware flow control assumes you haven't broken out the
              second serial port to a separate connector?

              -Jason
              kg4wsv

            • k0yg
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
                Scott,

                This build fixed my problem with the Peet WX station as well. I'm
                now getting data every every 5 minutes as programmed. I think the
                orange flash on the LED went away - or at least I haven't noticed it.

                Mark

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
                  I changed the logic on the orange blink - I need to put it back in the Peet Bros code.