Re: [tracker2] Using the tracker in an Alinco

  • Randy Love
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2011
      The DR-1200 is mainly a data ( packet ) radio.
      If I recall correctly, all the connections you need ( including power and RX Audio ) are available on the 8-pin Mic connector.

      Good luck.

      Randy
      WF5X

      On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      It doesn't have a connector inside like the DR-135T, if that's what
      you're asking.  You may be able to find a place to connect it (the
      Kenwood TM-271A, for example, has convenient pads on the board for a
      TNC) but you'd need to spend some time with the DR-1200T schematic to
      figure out where to connect it.

      Scott

      On 11/10/2011 9:19 AM, N9NWO wrote:
      > I have an Alinco DR-1200T that I am currently using for Packet with a
      > KAM-XL. Could I put a tracker in this radio? And how would it compare
      > with the KAM-XL?
      >
      > Also, any news on a GPS unit that would replace the Nuvi 350? Not just
      > Garmin but AVMAPS as well.
      >
      > N9NWO

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional