Re: [tracker2] How does RING work?

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2011
      > I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
      > constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.

      Try setting PASSALL ON and see if it's at least hearing garbled packets.

      > 2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
      > my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

      If MONITOR is off, you'll only see messages addressed to you.

      Scott
    • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20, 2011
        Scott,

        OK, that helps a lot, thanks, but I'm still suffering from confusion.

        On 11/06/2011 12:24 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

        > I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
        > constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.

        Try setting PASSALL ON and see if it's at least hearing garbled packets.

        Yes, it gets some garbled packets. With PASSALL OFF today I saw one packet.

        I see that Pin 7 of JP1 is cut on the TC-301 board. That seems to be RSSI.
        Is that on purpose, or is that perhaps part of my problem?

        > 2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
        > my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

        If MONITOR is off, you'll only see messages addressed to you.

        OK, that's what I want: RING without MONITOR!  If I can get the decoding working then I'll do this.

        73 es TNX,
        Leigh/WA5ZNU