Re: [tracker2] How does RING work?

  • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. WA5ZNU
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
      I installed v55076 and that didn't help but when I reset firmware options
      and re-entered everything it started to receive packets. Thanks!

      I still would like to know if there is a way to monitor but only incoming
      messages.

      Leigh/WA5ZNU

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2011
        > I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
        > constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.

        Try setting PASSALL ON and see if it's at least hearing garbled packets.

        > 2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
        > my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

        If MONITOR is off, you'll only see messages addressed to you.

        Scott
      • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20, 2011
          Scott,

          OK, that helps a lot, thanks, but I'm still suffering from confusion.

          On 11/06/2011 12:24 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

          > I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
          > constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.

          Try setting PASSALL ON and see if it's at least hearing garbled packets.

          Yes, it gets some garbled packets. With PASSALL OFF today I saw one packet.

          I see that Pin 7 of JP1 is cut on the TC-301 board. That seems to be RSSI.
          Is that on purpose, or is that perhaps part of my problem?

          > 2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
          > my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

          If MONITOR is off, you'll only see messages addressed to you.

          OK, that's what I want: RING without MONITOR!  If I can get the decoding working then I'll do this.

          73 es TNX,
          Leigh/WA5ZNU