Re: [tracker2] How does RING work?

  • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. WA5ZNU
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
      Thanks, Scott.

      Two issues then:

      1. I don't see traffic with MONITOR ON.
      I'm on the FC-301/D data radio, using
      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=T2-301 pinouts, port A
      connected to a laptop. I can type commands, such as "monitor on" and see
      that they work. However, I see no traffic.
      I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
      constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.
      But when it flickers I see no text on PORTA. I have MONITOR ON, RING ON,
      AMODE AUTO, Version Tracker2 Build 54746. I will try running otwincfg and
      see if I can get any more info.

      2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
      my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

      Leigh/WA5ZNU

      > RING just makes the terminal bell ding when a message comes in. Are you
      > seeing any traffic at all? With MONITOR ON, you should see every packet
      > decoded.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 11/2/2011 8:41 PM, Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU wrote:
      >> I'm trying to receive messages on my Tracker2 FC/301D.
      >> I set RING to ON but I don't see any text on APORT.
      >> APORT is set to AUTO.
      >>
      >> Do I need to look on BPORT instead?
      >>
      >> Leigh/WA5ZNU

    • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. WA5ZNU
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
        I installed v55076 and that didn't help but when I reset firmware options
        and re-entered everything it started to receive packets. Thanks!

        I still would like to know if there is a way to monitor but only incoming
        messages.

        Leigh/WA5ZNU

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2011
          > I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
          > constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.

          Try setting PASSALL ON and see if it's at least hearing garbled packets.

          > 2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
          > my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

          If MONITOR is off, you'll only see messages addressed to you.

          Scott
        • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2011
            Scott,

            OK, that helps a lot, thanks, but I'm still suffering from confusion.

            On 11/06/2011 12:24 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

            > I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
            > constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.

            Try setting PASSALL ON and see if it's at least hearing garbled packets.

            Yes, it gets some garbled packets. With PASSALL OFF today I saw one packet.

            I see that Pin 7 of JP1 is cut on the TC-301 board. That seems to be RSSI.
            Is that on purpose, or is that perhaps part of my problem?

            > 2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
            > my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

            If MONITOR is off, you'll only see messages addressed to you.

            OK, that's what I want: RING without MONITOR!  If I can get the decoding working then I'll do this.

            73 es TNX,
            Leigh/WA5ZNU