Re: [tracker2] How does RING work?

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
      RING just makes the terminal bell ding when a message comes in. Are you
      seeing any traffic at all? With MONITOR ON, you should see every packet
      decoded.

      Scott

      On 11/2/2011 8:41 PM, Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU wrote:
      > I'm trying to receive messages on my Tracker2 FC/301D.
      > I set RING to ON but I don't see any text on APORT.
      > APORT is set to AUTO.
      >
      > Do I need to look on BPORT instead?
      >
      > Leigh/WA5ZNU

    • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. WA5ZNU
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
        Thanks, Scott.

        Two issues then:

        1. I don't see traffic with MONITOR ON.
        I'm on the FC-301/D data radio, using
        http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=T2-301 pinouts, port A
        connected to a laptop. I can type commands, such as "monitor on" and see
        that they work. However, I see no traffic.
        I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
        constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.
        But when it flickers I see no text on PORTA. I have MONITOR ON, RING ON,
        AMODE AUTO, Version Tracker2 Build 54746. I will try running otwincfg and
        see if I can get any more info.

        2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
        my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

        Leigh/WA5ZNU

        > RING just makes the terminal bell ding when a message comes in. Are you
        > seeing any traffic at all? With MONITOR ON, you should see every packet
        > decoded.
        >
        > Scott
        >
        > On 11/2/2011 8:41 PM, Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU wrote:
        >> I'm trying to receive messages on my Tracker2 FC/301D.
        >> I set RING to ON but I don't see any text on APORT.
        >> APORT is set to AUTO.
        >>
        >> Do I need to look on BPORT instead?
        >>
        >> Leigh/WA5ZNU

      • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. WA5ZNU
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2011
          I installed v55076 and that didn't help but when I reset firmware options
          and re-entered everything it started to receive packets. Thanks!

          I still would like to know if there is a way to monitor but only incoming
          messages.

          Leigh/WA5ZNU

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2011
            > I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
            > constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.

            Try setting PASSALL ON and see if it's at least hearing garbled packets.

            > 2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
            > my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

            If MONITOR is off, you'll only see messages addressed to you.

            Scott
          • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 2011
              Scott,

              OK, that helps a lot, thanks, but I'm still suffering from confusion.

              On 11/06/2011 12:24 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

              > I opened the radio case and the green LED flickers sometimes and stays on
              > constantly if I key up a transmitter nearby (on a dummy load) on 144.390.

              Try setting PASSALL ON and see if it's at least hearing garbled packets.

              Yes, it gets some garbled packets. With PASSALL OFF today I saw one packet.

              I see that Pin 7 of JP1 is cut on the TC-301 board. That seems to be RSSI.
              Is that on purpose, or is that perhaps part of my problem?

              > 2. Is there a mode like RING+MONITOR that sends to PORTA only messages to
              > my call-sid? That sure would be nice...assuming I can get #1 to work.

              If MONITOR is off, you'll only see messages addressed to you.

              OK, that's what I want: RING without MONITOR!  If I can get the decoding working then I'll do this.

              73 es TNX,
              Leigh/WA5ZNU