Re: [tracker2] Broken packets when using empty path

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
      Fixed it! An update will be coming later today.

      The problem was that the 'end of address' bit has always been
      pre-encoded as part of the source callsign. I've changed it to be set
      on the fly now.

      Scott

      On 10/7/2011 7:47 PM, notrobbage wrote:
      > I have VK6RN-3 configured to alternate paths. Each path is approximately
      > 15 minutes. Profile 1 path is "WIDE2-2" and P2 path is _empty_. The idea
      > was to keep the wide beacon to every 30 minutes and a local beacon every
      > alternate 15 minutes which won't be digipeated.
      > Beacons using the P1 path are good.
      > Beacons using the P2 path are broken and look like this monitoring over
      > RF with AGWPE:
      >
      > *1:Fm VK6RN-3 To APOT21 Via -8 <I R1 S6 pid=31 Len=27 >[10:24:16]
      > 52,167,254,000,000,00000010*
      >
      > The header is quite broken and isn't a UI. The payload appears to be the
      > remains of a telemetry report. It's easy enough to replace the empty
      > path with "WIDE1" or similar but I think it needs fixing anway. The
      > latest firmware is installed.

    • Rob
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
        On 03/11/11 05:23, Scott Miller wrote:
        > Fixed it! An update will be coming later today.
        >
        > The problem was that the 'end of address' bit has always been
        > pre-encoded as part of the source callsign. I've changed it to be set
        > on the fly now.

        Good stuff. I've been using an alternate path of "NULL" for a couple of
        weeks. :-)

        --
        Rob, VK6UFO, VK6RN