Re: [tracker2] Dropping WIDE3-n (and above) from a WIDE2-2 digi

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 20, 2011
      On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      <ldeffenb@...> wrote:

      > Not really.  Read it carefully.  He says that they "end their miserable
      > lifes as "WIDE3*" and "WIDE4*"" which to me implies that they actually
      > DID get 3 and 4 hops out of the original 3-3 or 4-4 specification.  He
      > wants to trap them, but they're not trapping now.

      Trapping the excessive paths using digined or other rule based
      software can have them immediately decremented to a -0 path element as
      well.

      Ending their miserable lives implies they are killed, not just dying
      after fulfilling their life's destiny!

      They are ugly any way you put it! (Of course we use WIDE3-3 around
      here to try and traverse the network far enough to get to another
      human being.)