Re: Settings for GPS

  • k7ybz
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 22, 2011
      PORT-A is the console so if you want BOTH the computer and GPS connected, then you must connect the computer to PORT-A (pins 2, 3, and 5) through a null modem and connect the GPS to PORT-B, pin 8 white, pin 5 black and red on pin 4. Otherwise if you are connecting only the GPS then you can use pin 2 white, pin 5 black, and pin 4 red.

      Larry
      K7YBZ

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 25, 2011
        On 10/22/2011 8:29 AM, Blake Raab - N4BWR wrote:
        > I'm sorry but I'm still not sure what this means. I do have the yellow
        > and black cable. Does that mean I'm not wiring black to pin 5, red to
        > pin 4, and white to pin 2 on the GPS?

        That should be right, if you're wiring to the yellow and black cable.