RE: [tracker2] Re: LaCrosse 2317 WX Station

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
      The firmware is posted.  You may need to wire up an adapter to handle the weird signaling requirements of the station - set the output voltage jumper on the T2 to 5 volts, and then make the following connections:

      T2 -- Station

      2 -- 2
      3 -- 3
      4 -- 7
      5 -- 4 and 5

      The reason for the weird wiring is that (at least for the station I have, and the ones I've read about) the station itself doesn't generate any RS-232 voltage levels.  Not surprising, since it has to run for months on 3 AA batteries.  It just steals the voltages it needs from the host, so pin 4 has to be low and pin 7 has to be high.

      Once that's done, just set the port to WS2300 mode and it should start working after a minute.

      Scott