Re: [tracker2] T2-135 appears to have failed

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2011
      Sounds like maybe the firmware was corrupted somehow. Turn it off,
      start otwincfg, disable turbo mode, click 'connect', and then turn on
      the radio and make sure it's in data mode. That should get you a prompt
      to upload new firmware.

      Sometimes the wiring inside the DR-135, from the T2 board to the rear
      DB9, is a little flaky and it doesn't handle high speed data very well.
      Disabling turbo mode usually fixes that.

      Scott

      On 10/9/2011 5:28 PM, jmg.1961 wrote:
      > I just purchased a T2-135 last week and installed it in my DR-135. It
      > was working well up through this afternoon.
      >
      > I have been logging data on my computer from the serial port and this
      > evening I noticed that the T2-135 was no longer reporting data and it
      > did not respond to the keyboard. I tried taking the radio in and out of
      > data mode and cycling power but it no longer responded. I just got some
      > garbage characters when I first enabled it.
      >
      > I took the bottom cover off the radio and observed that as soon as the
      > radio was put in data mode the red and green LEDs started flashing
      > continuously about twice per second.
      >
      > I removed the T2-135 from the radio and connected an external T2 and
      > that still works fine.
      >
      > It looks like the T2-135 has died.
      >
      > Anything else I could try?

    • jmg.1961