Re: [tracker2] Re: Garmin FMI updates

  • Chris Ronk
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 7, 2011
      It is very easy for me to replicate.  My buddy has a OT2 and a 1300.  I have a OT2 and a 1300.  When we send messages back and forth, 50% of the time, the message is repeated over and over until it is manually deleted.  If any other messages are in the outbox while one of these is hung up, it is not ever transmitted...one must delete all outbox messages and re-send.  I've also noticed some funky messaging issues while in a navigated route...

      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 26, 2011
        Any response to this?  I can easily replicate the problem and send you the output if you like.

        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 28, 2011
          Hi Chris,

          It's still on my list to check out.

          As for the message queue, there's only so much I can do through FMI to
          control the unit's behavior. They didn't design the protocol with any
          thought to multiple message destinations.

          Scott

          On 10/26/2011 9:49 AM, Chris Ronk wrote:
          > Any response to this? I can easily replicate the problem and send you
          > the output if you like.

        • Chris Ronk
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 2, 2011
            I very much appreciate the update.  This is the third time the issue has come up, and thrice I heard "I can't duplicate it", and thrice I've said "It's easy to duplicate."  It's a lot easier to hear "I haven't gotten to it yet" than another "I can't replicate it". ;)