Re: [tracker2] Re: Garmin FMI updates

    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 6, 2011
      I've got the compressed packet problem on my list to look into further.
      If you can reliably reproduce the ACK problem, let me know how. I do
      see glitches sometimes, but it's hard to duplicate.

      Scott

      On 10/5/2011 11:46 PM, Chris Ronk wrote:
      > The T2 still has many issues with the 1300 that are not Garmin's fault.
      > My buddy and I are having serious message AWK problems.... and there are
      > problems using compressed data packets with the 1300.

    • Chris Ronk
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 7, 2011
        It is very easy for me to replicate.  My buddy has a OT2 and a 1300.  I have a OT2 and a 1300.  When we send messages back and forth, 50% of the time, the message is repeated over and over until it is manually deleted.  If any other messages are in the outbox while one of these is hung up, it is not ever transmitted...one must delete all outbox messages and re-send.  I've also noticed some funky messaging issues while in a navigated route...

        I've got the compressed packet problem on my list to look into further.
          If you can reliably reproduce the ACK problem, let me know how.  I do
        see glitches sometimes, but it's hard to duplicate.

        Scott

        On 10/5/2011 11:46 PM, Chris Ronk wrote: > The T2 still has many issues with the 1300 that are not Garmin's fault. > My buddy and I are having serious message AWK problems.... and there are > problems using compressed data packets with the 1300. > > -----Original Message----- > From: Scott Miller <scott@... <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> > To: tracker2 <tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>> > Sent: Tue, Sep 27, 2011 4:06 am > Subject: Re: [tracker2] Re: Garmin FMI updates > > Trust me, I'll let everyone know the minute they fix it! > > Scott > > On 9/26/2011 5:10 PM, rondall swart wrote: > > thanks for the update I keep sitting here waiting for the day they update > > it. if they ever fix it would you (scott) know right away? > > > > K7CDL > > Ron > > ------------------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tracker2/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: tracker2-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Chris Ronk
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 26, 2011
          Any response to this?  I can easily replicate the problem and send you the output if you like.

          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 28, 2011
            Hi Chris,

            It's still on my list to check out.

            As for the message queue, there's only so much I can do through FMI to
            control the unit's behavior. They didn't design the protocol with any
            thought to multiple message destinations.

            Scott

            On 10/26/2011 9:49 AM, Chris Ronk wrote:
            > Any response to this? I can easily replicate the problem and send you
            > the output if you like.

          • Chris Ronk
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 2, 2011
              I very much appreciate the update.  This is the third time the issue has come up, and thrice I heard "I can't duplicate it", and thrice I've said "It's easy to duplicate."  It's a lot easier to hear "I haven't gotten to it yet" than another "I can't replicate it". ;)