Can the ADS-WS1 act as a digi as well?

  • captnkliegle
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
      What's the engine inside? OT,1 OT1+, OT2, or hybrid?
      I want to replace my KPC-3 and Peet that fails repeatedly every few months. Resetting everything is the only answer I have.

      KA1GJU-3 APRS WX Digi.... stuck teps and winds...
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011
        The ADS-WS1 was mostly derived from the OT1+, but doesn't share that
        much anymore. On Friday I managed to get the command line interpreter
        from the T2 working on the WS1 (to a limited extent - still lots of
        stuff to get fixed up) but it takes up more of the available memory than
        I'd like. And that's without any of the digipeater-related commands.

        If I'm able to get the size down, I'll add the command line to the
        standard firmware. It'll make it possible to configure the station
        remotely and set it up without a Windows PC. Don't expect it to have
        digipeater functions, though - you'll need a T2 for that.

        Scott