Firmware build 54074 released

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
      Ok, lots of changes in this build, though not all are visible.

      12/02/2006 Added TEMPADJ command
      Fixed 3-digit temperature reporting

      11/30/2006 Added AMODE/BMODE commands
      Added HBAUD command
      Added support for WS2300 series weather stations
      Added 'keep config' option on firmware load

      11/18/2006 Fixed bug in parse_aprs() altitude parsing for high
      altitudes

      The Tracker2.txt file has been updated with information on the new commands.
      I'm still in the process of changing how the digi parameters are displayed
      and set. Each option is now reported on a single line:

      DIGIID 1:ON 2:ON 3:ON 4:ON 5:ON 6:ON 7:ON 8:ON

      The ALIAS command will let you set more than one at a time - the others will
      soon. The idea is for all commands to be symmetrical. In other words, if
      you copy the output of the DISPLAY command and paste it into another unit,
      you'll have cloned the configuration.

      Of course, that still leaves flow control issues, which I'll address later.
      The only way to keep receiving serial data during a flash write operation is
      to copy the serial ISR into RAM, and I don't think that's going to be worth
      the trouble.

      The config program is lagging behind the firmware, and options like KISS and
      Garmin won't work until I get it updated.

      The handling of GPS fixes (validity, aging, etc) has totally changed. Let
      me know if you get any weird behavior. There's still a lot to be done, but
      I'm simplifying and clarifying a lot of the underlying logic. I've also
      made some other internal changes, like replacing the atan2() function for
      rectangular-to-polar coordinate conversion. The new implementation is
      actually more accurate (due to a slight flaw in the old one) and takes a lot
      less memory, code space, and time.

      If you're going to use the XMODEM upload feature (the .bin file is in the
      file section) make sure you run the bootloader updater first. You'll have
      to do that from Windows. After that, the firmware upload SHOULD work right
      on any platform.

      Scott
    • Mark Miller
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
        How do I turn off the messages that look like this?

        Dist: 31 mi Bearing: 217
        Dist: 39 mi Bearing: 241
        Dist: 39 mi Bearing: 241
        Dist: 24 mi Bearing: 252
        Dist: 24 mi Bearing: 252
        Dist: 13 mi Bearing: 216
        Dist: 18 mi Bearing: 210
        Dist: 18 mi Bearing: 210
        Dist: 32 mi Bearing: 223
        Dist: 21 mi Bearing: 217
        Dist: 21 mi Bearing: 217
        Dist: 78 mi Bearing: 259

        73,

        Mark N5RFX

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
          I have not been able to turn off Kiss by sending hex CO 255 CO.

          73,

          Mark N5RFX

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
            Ah.. forgot about that.  I put that in there for testing and haven't added an option for it yet.  I'll do that shortly.

            Do the distances and bearings look right, at least?

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
              Sorry, I meant C0 FF C0

              Also where is the new bootloader located?

              73,

              Mark N5RFX

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
                Make sure you've got the right baud rate.  It was working last time I checked.  C0 FE C0 should cause a reset, without exiting KISS mode.  See if it at least receives that one.

                Oh, wait, I found it.  Yeah, I screwed up.  Gotta figure out how I'm going to fix that one.  Looks like for now you've either got to send the command remotely, or reload from defaults.  Not sure how I missed that.

                The new bootloader is in the 'web' option download menu.  Load the updater, quit, and you should see the LED flash and then stay green.  Start up the config program again and load in the regular .s19 file.  Sorry it's a little clunky, but hopefully this will be the last update to the bootloader for awhile.

                Scott