Re: LaCrosse 2317 WX Station

  • kernsd2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2006
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:

      > If anyone gets one, let me know and I'll help you try it out.

      I'm in!

      BestBuy should have one ready for me in time for my commute home.

      73 de Donald
    • Mike Fenske
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
        Is is also safe to run on the proto B boards?

        Mike Fenske
        VE7MKF

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
          Yeah.  The bootloader now checks the config bytes to see if it needs to invert the output or not.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2006
            The firmware is posted.  You may need to wire up an adapter to handle the weird signaling requirements of the station - set the output voltage jumper on the T2 to 5 volts, and then make the following connections:

            T2 -- Station

            2 -- 2
            3 -- 3
            4 -- 7
            5 -- 4 and 5

            The reason for the weird wiring is that (at least for the station I have, and the ones I've read about) the station itself doesn't generate any RS-232 voltage levels.  Not surprising, since it has to run for months on 3 AA batteries.  It just steals the voltages it needs from the host, so pin 4 has to be low and pin 7 has to be high.

            Once that's done, just set the port to WS2300 mode and it should start working after a minute.

            Scott