Proto C kit status

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006
      I know a couple of you have pending orders for beta kits. In fact, I don't
      think I've had a positive number in the inventory entry for those in weeks.
      Right now the holdup is processors. They're out of stock everywhere, but at
      least one distributor had some under the old non-RoHS compliant part number
      and I've got some of those on the way.

      KX8 chips for the OpenTrackers have been scarce for a couple of weeks, too.
      I cleaned out Jameco last week, and today I found a batch of the industrial
      temperature range version that should keep me going for a little longer.
      They'd better get production caught up again soon. I'm hoping Freescale
      didn't have another 'fab incident'. Always wondered what that really
      meant... personally, I always picture the janitorial staff cooking pizzas in
      the chip ovens late at night.