Re: [tracker2] PATCH command

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
      Well, I'm trying to PATCH the script memory... I've turned off the
      script engine (SCRIPT OFF), and then tried to send the PATCH command
      to the unit via an RF message.

      With the APRS message limit 67 characters, we run into a bit of an
      issue right away.

      PATCH f620203432312e38324e2f31313131312e393057725238306b20564536484f47003c02

      Which is the output from the Patch List button in the script editor
      page creates lines that are 76 characters long. Add in another 4
      characters for "cmd " and you're up to 80 characters.

      I would guess that the purpose of the PATCH List output on the script
      page is to be able to send the PATCH commands to a remote unit over
      the air. Perhaps the output should be reduced in length so as to be
      useable without having to be hand modified down to a size that can be
      sent over the air. Make each line ale to patch a total of 16 values
      rather than 32.

      To get the above to be able to be sent, I have to chop it up manually as such:

      PATCH f620103432312e38324e2f31313131312e3930
      PATCH f6301057725238306b20564536484f47003c02

      It's not overly hard, but if the purpose of the PATCH command is to be
      able to send patches over the air via messages, then the standard
      output should be short enough to be able to be sent via an APRS
      message.