PATCH command

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
      When sending a PATCH command to a remote unit, is the proper syntax:

      CMD PATCH f7e01474204143204261636b204f6e00180800000000ff

      sent as a message?

      I'm pretty confident that's the proper syntax, but can't confirm
      because APRSISCE/32 limits the length of a message to less than the
      above, splitting it into two lines.

      I'm probably going to have to split the lines into 2 separate PATCH
      commands to be able to send the PATCH commands over RF with the
      program.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
        Yes, that looks right. You should be able to split it into two patches
        as long as it's nothing that will cause problems to be half-implemented
        for a few seconds. If it is, then you'll have to patch the script area
        to execute a patch command, which is going to get ugly. =]

        Scott

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2011
          Well, I'm trying to PATCH the script memory... I've turned off the
          script engine (SCRIPT OFF), and then tried to send the PATCH command
          to the unit via an RF message.

          With the APRS message limit 67 characters, we run into a bit of an
          issue right away.

          PATCH f620203432312e38324e2f31313131312e393057725238306b20564536484f47003c02

          Which is the output from the Patch List button in the script editor
          page creates lines that are 76 characters long. Add in another 4
          characters for "cmd " and you're up to 80 characters.

          I would guess that the purpose of the PATCH List output on the script
          page is to be able to send the PATCH commands to a remote unit over
          the air. Perhaps the output should be reduced in length so as to be
          useable without having to be hand modified down to a size that can be
          sent over the air. Make each line ale to patch a total of 16 values
          rather than 32.

          To get the above to be able to be sent, I have to chop it up manually as such:

          PATCH f620103432312e38324e2f31313131312e3930
          PATCH f6301057725238306b20564536484f47003c02

          It's not overly hard, but if the purpose of the PATCH command is to be
          able to send patches over the air via messages, then the standard
          output should be short enough to be able to be sent via an APRS
          message.